PDA

View Full Version : Just a few new guy questions

2_Djinn
01-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I have a few pretty general questions about getting started. But first heres a little background on myself. I have been in landscaping for 3 years and im currently working for a large landscaping company. Myself and a co-worker are looking to partner up and start our own company. This summer we plan to do it "part time" after work ect. Stick out next winter and plow for the company. Then in the spring of 06' we plan and quitting our jobs and going full time.

Now we have almost all the equipment we need and that area isnt a problem. So that brings me to my questions.

What steps do we have to take to register our company and get a "federal ID number" I assume this step is necessary?

Ive been reading about Insurance, Commercial insurance on the truck and at least 1mil in liability.

Now is this all that really is required to get up and running?

Braxton
01-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Go down to the local county courthouse and tell them you want a business lisence. They can probably tell you what you need to know. You might also call your state Department of Agriculture. You probably need a lisence if you plan on doing any spraying. Also contact your state department of revenue about a tax ID. I may be wrong, but I don't think you'll need one as long as you are only doing services (i.e. installs, cuts, etc.) rather than selling products. I don't run a LCO, but I have researched it a good deal to start one, and I have owned a business in the past. You may not even need a business lisence up to a certain amount of revenue. In my county it's $4,000, I believe.

Hope that helps, for what its worth.

Braxton

HOOLIE
01-03-2005, 11:44 PM
If you're planning on starting up with a partner, I'd recommend you contact an attorney to have everything set up properly.