PDA

View Full Version : trash on commercial sites

JKOOPERS
01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
just wondering if anyone else charges to pick up trash or do you think it is part of the job of mowing the turf? just curious a place i used to cut said its part of mowing and i said f$ck no i am not a trash man if you want it picked up it will cost ya .

splatz100
01-03-2005, 07:27 PM
it depends how much trash, a few pieces is no big deal, but if its alot I would have done the same thing

AssuredServicesCo
01-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Advise them you will charge an hourly rate for trash clean-up and thus they will only pay for as much time as it takes...or as little if they assist in keeping it clean. Charge a rate of at least $ 20.00 per man hr. If it's not in the contract it's not included. If no contract add the charge. I add hourly rates to typical service charge items such as mowing because people will try to figure out ways to get things done real cheap and not often enough. If they know an hourly rate will apply to a flat service charge item they will usually pipe down. I have to do this kind of thing when we do leaf clean up and no mowing.

wojo23323
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
We charge extra for excess trash pick up.

ed2hess
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately picking up trash is assumed to be included as well as blowing off the parking lot. When you get leaves on the parking lot it takes more time than mowing! Some of the commericial customers will have a person go over the lot before you come...ask them! They usually do a bad job and you still have to pick up some.

JKOOPERS
01-03-2005, 08:13 PM
well thats what i have experienced with the company i used to work for 3 years ago . i am working on bid for 28 commercial jobs and i just jacked up the price to compensate for the trash . if there was a hour worth of picking up trash i wouldnt even cut thier grass i would tell them to hire a trash service.

tiedeman
01-03-2005, 08:18 PM
if it is excessive trash, like stated above, then I charge a trash pick up fee. But to be honest with you, I usually will drop the customer if I have asked them repeatedly to pick up their trash, but they don't. It's not worth the hassle i feel