PDA

View Full Version : JRCO Implements

battags
01-04-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm considering purchasing a JRCO broadcast spreader and/or a JRCO aerator attachment for my Z.

I'm looking for input on both attachements from those of you who have used them. I have spoken with some who have the broadcast spreader but have yet to find someone with the aerator.

Judging by the quicktime video on JRCO's site, the aerator works pretty well. Any help??

Brian

battags
01-07-2005, 09:08 PM
anybody? Some help on this one, please?

Brian :rolleyes:

cshinc
01-07-2005, 09:44 PM
JRCO spreade works great. Get the left side control to stop spraying along the left side. Saves a lot of waste. JRCO aerator works great. You just need to cover the area twice to make sure you poke enough holes. The dethatcher works great also. :blob3:

stumper1620
01-08-2005, 12:36 PM
i don't have any, but i've been considering the thatcher & aerator,
saw a similar style aerator in use & was impressed enough by it, i don't
think it was as good of quality as the jrco

Soupy
01-08-2005, 03:25 PM
I have been considering the dethatcher. the only problem is I don't bag. But I'm thinking it will still be nice for pulling up wet matted leaves to be mulched.

If I remember correctly the aerator isn't a core aerator which is the most popular form of aerating.

battags
01-08-2005, 04:14 PM
If I remember correctly the aerator isn't a core aerator which is the most popular form of aerating.

They call it a "hooker" aerator, or something. That is part of my dilema. I have never seen that kind of aerator work and don't know what to expect. I like the speed with which I could do the job, though!

I really wish this thread would have got some more responses. I know there are others out there who have a JRCO implement or know someone who does....

Brian

stumper1620
01-09-2005, 09:19 PM
the one i saw was very similar to the jrco hooker, it was plugging nice cores
one and a half to two inch plugs i would dare say, did a nice job and fast,
i want one i know it does a good job, the only thing the guy told me is he didn't like the electric lift, said he was going to modify it to operate on hydrulics.

GrassBustersLawn
01-09-2005, 09:28 PM
I've got the BROADCAST SPREADER. LOVE IT. I can get all my customers done (fertilized) in one full day (for each of 5 applications). When I'm done I take it and the mounting bar off until the next application is due. Also, I'm not totally wiped out at the end of the day like I would be if I pushed a spreader all day. It is GREAT for large properties.

ONLY DOWNSIDE...A full hopper throws the balance of your mower way off. Puts most weight up front and you lose stability on hills/grades. I learned this the hard way, as I slid down a hill into a tree line, hitting a tree head on. I didn't get hurt but my spreader was totaled. I went out and got another the next day! It is SO WORTH IT if you have enough business.

Also, get the left side blocker as someone else suggested. You need it for "cutting in" around flower beds, etc.

Mike

ztoro
01-09-2005, 09:33 PM
the plus to the hooker aeraotr is it doesnt pull plugs so you dont have a yard with plugs all over it for a week or so... The only bad side I am wondering about is that I am not sure how deep it penetrates.... I to have been researching and I havent been completely sold yet.. I think I need to see one in person before I drop the 1,500.......

stumper1620
01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
the plus to the hooker aeraotr is it doesnt pull plugs so you dont have a yard with plugs all over it for a week or so... The only bad side I am wondering about is that I am not sure how deep it penetrates.... I to have been researching and I havent been completely sold yet.. I think I need to see one in person before I drop the 1,500.......

i missed something on their site then, i thought it did pull plugs, i know the guy i talked to that had a similiar unit did pull cores, the way they show on the website they say spoons not solid.
heres a link to the site, it says it removes a core
http://www.jrcoinc.com/aerator.html

Soupy
01-09-2005, 11:43 PM
It looks like it puts nice size holes the lawn. I could be wrong, but it looks like it is just one notch above a spike aerator. When you punch a hole without removing a "core" of soil then you are not loosening the soil.

ztoro
01-10-2005, 08:40 AM
It looks like it puts nice size holes the lawn. I could be wrong, but it looks like it is just one notch above a spike aerator. When you punch a hole without removing a "core" of soil then you are not loosening the soil.

It actually has a spoon like aerator.. it does scoop out a holes just not in a plug like form.. it digs out a little hole and then disperses the dirt so you dont see the plugs.. if you go to there site you can see some pictures that describe how it works..