PDA

View Full Version : Wages for workers

Victo
01-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I am thinking of hiring two workers and I am just wondering about the wages. How much should I pay them and How do I pay them, hourly, weekly or bi-weekly. What is the typical wages in Tampa, Florida area for lawn workers. Thanks guys.

MMLawn
01-04-2005, 03:32 PM
I paid Bi-weekly and start workers at $9-10 an hour, but it will be dependent on what the going rate is where YOU are. Also remember tha regardless of how you pay you must be in compliance with Federal and State Wage and Labor Laws.

olderthandirt
01-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Bi- weekly and a percentage of the profit

Mac

Fantasy Lawns
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I'd call couple local lco's to see what they are starting at ....

Over here on the Space Coast I start any 2 cycle guy with no experience at $7 per hr with a $.50 raise after 2 weeks and another after 30 days

I pay weekly with pay day on Monday in growing season (everyone seems to show up on Monday)

Peak June, July, Aug I pay on Friday fore those whom are on time with no issues

Those whom are full time get a "winter bonus" based on number of hrs and a rate determined by performance, job skill & attitude .... for the most part is a $.25 to $.15 rate ( so if you worked 2000 hrs @ $.25 that's a $500 bonus)

Bray
01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
That's a good idea on the bonus. I usually save an extra 1% with my taxes and use that for a bonus. I'm going to have to put that on paper and see how that works out. Once again great idea.

Mr. C
01-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Bi- weekly and a percentage of the profit

Mac
DO you give them an actual wage and a % of the profit or do they get the percentage as their bi weekly. How did you determine the percentage to give them? I'd like to hear more.

Mr. C
01-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Those whom are full time get a "winter bonus" based on number of hrs and a rate determined by performance, job skill & attitude .... for the most part is a $.25 to $.15 rate ( so if you worked 2000 hrs @ $.25 that's a $500 bonus)

Is that the same as an X-mas bonus or year end bonus or is this some type of incentive program? How do you evaluate employees for the bonus?

Victo
01-04-2005, 06:35 PM
A lot of people put their ideas and about what are they paying as wages. I am just wondering if anybody paying by the property. I have around 30 residential property and I am thinking of paying $5.00 per property. Which is equalance to $10.00 p/h. Because it's only take 1/2 hrs (or less) to complete one property. So, one hrs they cut 2 property and they get pay $10.00 p/h. In this case they can't take thier own hrs to cut the lawn. Anybody any idea on this?