PDA

View Full Version : Good price on Hustler Mini Fast Trac?

BAMARED
01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Good morning guys,

I've had a local dealer here in Ga. say that he would sell me last year's model with 15 Kohler and 36" deck for $2500 + tax. Is this a good price? Is there really that much difference between last year's model (2004) and the 2005?

Thanks,

BAMARED

splatz100
01-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Thats a pretty good price, over here they are 3139 for that exact model

DSIM
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I would jump on that right away! I wouldnt even sell you my used one for that price.
I saw a dealer selling one on Ebay brand new for $3k. I thought that was good but $2500 is a steal.

splatz100
01-04-2005, 01:39 PM
BAMARED

im guessing if you are in the deep south you might be in Louisiana, if so where??

DSIM
01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
splatz,
he said the dealer was in Georgia.

BAMARED
01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
splatz100 and DSIM,

Thanks for the info. For obvious reasons, I would rather not tell you whose selling this mower other than it's in the state of Georgia. But I will tell you if I do not end up buying in case someone else wants to buy it.

Could you offer me some advice on this mower? I've heard that it's home-owner grade and I've heard that it's commercial grade minus the integrated hydro. pump. What's the final verdict on this?

Lastly, is there any difference between last year's (2004) model and the new 2005 model?

Thanks so much,

BAMARED

splatz100
01-04-2005, 05:14 PM
sorry about asking where you were from. I am pretty sure(not 100%) that there is a difference in the 04 and 05 model.

mowerconsultant
01-04-2005, 05:33 PM
There is not a difference between 2004 and 2005 model years, in fact the unit has not changed at all since we started producing them back in the spring, pricing and models are identical.
Hustler's model year changes in August every year, so for general purposes any model produced after August 1st 2004, is a 2005 model year unit.
The Mini FasTrak unit is a residential grade unit, about the only things not commercial are the drive axles and Kohler engine option, the Honda engine option is a commercial grade engine.
There is only a 90 day commercial warranty (3 years for residential use) on the Mini FasTraks, if you buy a standard FasTrak (44 or 52") there is a 1 year or 400 hour warranty available if you purchase and have the dealer install a hour meter.
Of course the standard warranty on the FasTrak (44 and 52") is 4 years parts and labor for the homeowner.
No matter what unit you buy, if it has the Honda engine you get the commercial engine warranty, and if you go with the Kohler you get a limited commercial warranty.

Hope this helps

Pj

Travis Followell
01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
That price sounds good to me also. The whole machine is commercial grade except the integrated hydro's. It would probibly serve you a long time in commercial use with proper maintenance.

BAMARED
01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
The Mini FasTrak unit is a residential grade unit, about the only things not commercial are the drive axles and Kohler engine option

PJ,

Thanks for your help and insight. I'm not sure if I fully understand the above sentence that you said? Sounds like a contradiction. Right? In other words your saying that this mower is residential grade, but except for the drive axles and Kohler engine, it's all commercial. Right?

Thanks so much,

BAMARED

DSIM
01-04-2005, 08:41 PM
For $2500, who cares if every piece is commercial? If it lasts 2 years you got your money's worth.
You will probably never wear the frame or deck out on this mower. So only concern is the hydro's.

PJ,
The Kohler Courage engine is not commercial grade? I thought is was a much better engine than the K. Command.

splatz100
01-04-2005, 08:42 PM
how much would it cost to replace the hydros

brucec32
02-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Questions:

1. Why is the minifastrak only a 90 day commercial warranty and the reg. fastrak a 1 year? Different components?

2. To clarify once again. Other than the hydro transaxle, is the fastrak/minifastrak not going to hold up to light commercial use (by an owner, not employees)

I have a Lazer Z HP that will do discharging work on larger props and will convert to mulching after June, so I need a light small ztr for select properties that will get maybe 75 hours use a year in the spring/early summer only, doing small properties so no more than 20-30 min of use at a time, usually less. So I don't want to spend $6700 on an Exmark 44" that also weighs a lot more and requires me to buy a double axle trailer. if I don't have to. My trailer is rated to carry two full size ztrs, but the reality is you start burning tires fast on it and it's more of a strain. A mini fastrak is the same weight as the hydro wb's out there that I've had on it before with no problems.

The low cost of the minifastraks makes them attractive in that I can also keep a wb around for any hills it can't handle. With a driveout price on a 42" 17 Kohler mini at about $3800 I can afford to replace hydros if they do last say even just 500 hours. But if the thing is going to be like a craftsman, shedding parts and breaking daily, I will spend the money and deal with the extra weight of a "real" ztr.

Gautreaux's LNG
02-04-2005, 07:44 PM
The hydro pumps and motors are the biggest reasons. Also, that 15HP Kohler on the minifastrak is a single cylinder and is not meant for commercial use of ANY kind.

Be sure the dealer has installed a stiffener kit on the ZTR handle's... ask him about it, they sent every dealer kits to add strength for MiniFasTraks.

I would buy for $2500.00 but for commercial use I would be real weary of those hydro's and that Kohler Courage engine.

Splatz100.......I look into the price of the hydro's tommorrow and get you and estimate on replacing them.