PDA

View Full Version : Question For Enclosed Trailer Owners?

J Hisch
01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
I have been thinking of a dual axle enclosed trailer so we can have a more productive system of carrying everything at once. However, I see one problem with productivity. How do you fuel up? Carry gas cans? Move the equipment out and back in? Help me if I am missing something here. Please let me know how you do it?

splatz100
01-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I dont own an enclosed trailer but I'm guessing with cans

DSIM
01-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I use gas cans. I have a 6x10 single axle.

lpwhandyman
01-04-2005, 04:21 PM
I looked at a few enclosed trailers and the ones they classified as snowmobile trailers had two small openings on one side. I asked what they were for because I've seen them before and never could figure out why. They were called fuel doors. Only about a foot by foot door.

Wells
01-04-2005, 04:27 PM
I use a 7'x14' enclosed trailer and I carry gas cans.
The fuel doors would be a handy option however.

ztoro
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
a lot of companies have the fuel door options... I have a couple of 10 gallon jugs and a few 5 gallon jugs.. I also have some fuel tank mounts in the trailer to keep em in place...

I also Some of my equipment i can fuel up thru the side door....

lpwhandyman
01-04-2005, 04:44 PM
This could be an option that might help also. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=71487

Carolina Cutter
01-04-2005, 10:00 PM
I use gas cans. I have a 6x10 single axle.

What do you carry in your trailer?

j fisher
01-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Fuel up in the trailer! You have a rear ramp door, and (if like most) , a side door. I can position my trailer at the pump to reach 2 mowers in the trailer. One from the rear and one from the side.

Carolina Cutter
01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Fuel up in the trailer! You have a rear ramp door, and (if like most) , a side door. I can position my trailer at the pump to reach 2 mowers in the trailer. One from the rear and one from the side.

Did you get your trailer fixed?

ProSvcs
01-07-2005, 05:12 AM
I have a 32' enclosed. I had mine custom built like a car hauler. I ordered the 32" access door on the right, Barn Style doors on the rear (Swing Open) and a 48" access door on the left over the wheels.

I ordered it this way for several reasons, If I haul a car, I can open the drivers door and get out through the access door.

I made ramps and welded brackets to the trailer frame so that the ramps slide underneath like a UHaul truck.

I fabricated metal rails on top of the floor in the trailer to enable sliding pallets of material loaded with a forklift into the trailer. (This is why I chose swing open doors. I cannot load skids with a fold down door). When I need to unload, I hook to thew pallets with a chain and pull the out with the Kubota Mower.

Just thought you might be able to use some ideas.

Jim