PDA

View Full Version : just starting out

jarroo's lawncare
01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
i am getting ready to start a lawncare service, this is not my first time doing this i have been mowing since I was 15, but I am 19 and wanting to get more in depth and evolve into a business and would like some pointers on pricing and getting clients

SoloMow
01-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Start small. Use any and all of the equipment you already own. Buy new equipment only when you find the need. Target residential accounts in the immediate area. Advertise direct with flyers or door-hangers. Do quality work and build your business one customer at a time.

jarroo's lawncare
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
i have a full time job now and was wanting to build the business with what I make now. i have a couple of riding lawnmowers and pushmowers i am wanting to sell them to put money in my pocket to buy a good quality mower I am thinking about an exmark walkbehind and that is what I will probably go with. as for the equipment I have now I used it when I was still in high school and it works but my 8 horse snapper wouldn't hold up to ten or more yards a week now so i don't think it will hold up to the business i plan on getting this season.