PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a problem?

Gatewayuser
01-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Tell me could this be a problem? There is a lawn company bigger than mine who is going to buy the building across the street from me to work out of, it has an office, parking lot and a warehouse. Could this hurt my biz, he currently works or lives about 10-15min. away. Also when he moves in should I go over and say hi and see what he does or just stay away? :waving:

impactlandscaping
01-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Go over and welcome him to the neighborhood. Last time I checked, Cincy was a pretty big place :D I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, unless he turns it into a retail center..then,I would check into the local zoning laws..

out4now
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
What difference should that make? Here there are areas with several tree compaines and landscape companies all stationed around one another but they travel valleywide. Valley Crest is right next to some of their competitors and neither they or any of the smaller companies have disappeared. It's just the section in town is what htey can afford and it is close to the landfills and their suppliers.

Bray
01-04-2005, 06:24 PM
I always talk to my competition. It really helps for them to know what kind of a person you are. The 2 companies I talk to at least weekly will actually give me work if I want it. They sometimes get to much work and will pass it down to little ol me and my brother. I say go welcome him, you never know what will happen.

Lux Lawn
01-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Its not the best spot for you thats for sure but it might not hurt you as much as you might think if he is just running his crew(s) out of the shop.Introduce yourself you might become friends and be able to help each other out from time to time.Where I live I store my stuff at home and in my development there are at least 4 different company's in here.

Do you have a shop that he is moving in across from?

rodfather
01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
The only problem I see is if you used to mow the grounds over there. Go over and introduce yourself, get to know one another too. Who knows, you guys might be referring work back and forth to another...

Gatewayuser
01-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I do mow that property but I guess I don't now.

mtdman
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
The storage place I work outta has 4 total lcos and a bunch of other companies as well. We all get along fine. Don't sweat it, but watch your back.