PDA

View Full Version : Walk behind,what is it??

kmcutters
01-26-2001, 09:08 PM
Thinking of buying a used walk behind, but the guy that owns it has no idea what it is or even the hp.So I went to look at it and found that the engine is a 1980 10hp. Briggs.Its a belt drive, painted red,two blades (40in.cut),very heavy deck (at least 1/8in.thick steel),looks like it might have 5 diff.speeds with the shifter mounted to the right handle bar.I would like to buy it for a start up machine as it is only 375.00 obo.Has all new belts and seems to run good.Needs some front caster work as they are very sloppy (probably just some bushings or bearings but not sure).My big concern is what brand so I can find out if parts are avalible.Would like to buy it and go through it and fix anything that needs repairs through the winter.Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be or should stay away from it?Its not what I really want but it is the right price for me for now.I can do all my own repairs so thats not a problem.

Thanks for any and all input,
kmcutters

Evan528
01-26-2001, 09:16 PM
If you could possibly post a picture i could tell you want brand it is.

Mark
01-26-2001, 09:49 PM
Kmcutters just a wild guess but it could be a older snapper. There decks are thicker now but awhile back they were one-eight" thick. I have a 94 Snapper 52" walkbehind its been wonderful to me.