PDA

View Full Version : Going full time

LCME
01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I did well last year part time. So, I'm going full time with my lawn care and landscaping business this year. Thanks to all who have replied to my posts here with my lawn and landscaping questions. Wish me luck.

N.H.BOY
01-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I did well last year part time. So, I'm going full time with my lawn care and landscaping business this year. Thanks to all who have replied to my posts here with my lawn and landscaping questions. Wish me luck.

Good luck man, did you have a fulltime job last year as well? And may I ask how many accounts do you have? Did you get more for this year is that why you are going full time lawn care? Good luck man Im sure you will do great. :waving:

PR Fect
01-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Full time second year out. Way to go! Wish you well in 05. And thank you for your replies and great questions in the last year. PR

Lux Lawn
01-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Good luck I hope it all works out well for you just work hard and make your lawns stand out from all the others and your work will speak for itself.

bobbygedd
01-04-2005, 07:11 PM
good luck and don't forget to join the local brotherhood of lawnboys, comming soon

rodfather
01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm living proof...11 years full time...go for it.

LCME
01-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Good luck man, did you have a fulltime job last year as well? And may I ask how many accounts do you have? Did you get more for this year is that why you are going full time lawn care? Good luck man Im sure you will do great. :waving:
I had a full time job last year. But, got laid-off. My job was outsource to india. I have 7 snow plowing and 6 weekly mowing customers signed up for this year.

the scaper
01-04-2005, 09:41 PM
This is my second full time year, it was a good year too. I'd say for sure that going full time is a good motivator for your biz, kinda puts your tail on the line if you know what I mean. The thought of punching a clock for the man again seems to keep me focused on my business reeeeal well! I'll make it work or die tryin is the way I figure.

kdbetters
01-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I have a part time job for the winter right know, but this will be the last winter I do this and it will be just lawn maintenance from now on. One thing is, make sure that you plan for the winter. I didn't and thats why I have a part time job now. Also concentrate on customer acquisition becuase that will keep the $$$ coming in.

LCME
01-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the relies. I'm ready with agreements for lawn mowing and snow plowing. Monday I plan to place an ad in the local paper. Hopefully this will get me some more customers and estimates passed out. Will see.

out4now
01-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Congrats :drinkup:

LCME
01-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I got my ad ready to be posted next week Wednesday. I'm ready for calls for lawn maintenance and landscape estimates. I also purchased one of those magnetic signs form the website. I got the URL from a lawn-site thread here. $103 for the ad for 13 weeks and $50 for 2 magnetic signs for the truck. And of course i got quotes on liability insurance. One quote to cover all my lawn and landscape services was $900. But, the insurance co. highly recommended to not do any snow plowing. Too much risk. But, if i wanted insurance for snow plowing the cost was about $2000 per year. I said, no thanks for now.

Any marketing advise from the professionals here would be appreciated. Thanks, LCME

captaingreen
01-14-2005, 12:55 PM
I have a part time job for the winter right know, but this will be the last winter I do this and it will be just lawn maintenance from now on. One thing is, make sure that you plan for the winter. I didn't and thats why I have a part time job now. Also concentrate on customer acquisition becuase that will keep the $$$ coming in.
I made the same mistake my first year. The second year (last year) I saved as much as I could, come April I'll still be in the black wooooooooohoooooo! :cool2:

LCME
01-14-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm have been sending out lawn mowing estimates with a 10% discount if the customer signs up for seasonal mowing. For example, the customer has 2 choices. Weekly mowing for 30 weeks are $30/week or $900 to be paid via invoices mailed monthly. Or, if customer signs up for a seasonal mowing then $900 - 10%=$810 to be paid up front. Has anyone used this method?. If yes, does this work?. Good or bad sales?.

Flex-Deck
01-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Great - I hope to be there also - very soon

LCME
01-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I picked up a new snowplowing account. Slow getting customers. I only got 4 snowplowing accounts. better than nothing. I only have 3 mowing accounts now for April. I need to get more signed up any suggestions?. Thanks, LCME.

walker-talker
01-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Get ya some professional looking flyers or doorhangers made up, but better hurry....there's not that much time left. I plan on going full-time this spring also, but only if the wife can get a job.

LCME
01-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Will get started on flyer's and door hangers. Thanks WT!
I got a call regarding lawn mowing and spring clean-up. Will be going out today to give estimate. Thanks for the support and comments!. LCME.