PDA

View Full Version : New eXmark

lawnworker
01-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Last week I picked up a new eXmark Turftracer HP 48 with the kawi twin. I have a lot of learning to do, considering the hydro. I have ran belts for years.
Anyways this mower seems like it is gonna be awesome in the spring.

I have a question.When I drove it around the yard I noticed it seemed to blow the grass out the side farther then my fixed deck eXmarks. My question is for others who own this machine. how is the side blow out under normal growing conditions? Normally, I can mow eight feet in ( away from beds)then mow back and forth and not get to much clippings in mulch beds. Maybe it was the bare grass situation of winter. I am not sure.I might have to switch to gators.

Is the mulch kit any good for thick wet lush grass? I have never bothered with the kits before.

Travis Followell
01-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Congratulations on the new mower. If it blows the clippings further than you would like then you may want to think about getting an OCDC (Operator Controlled Discharge Chute). Just a thought.

grass_cuttin_fool
01-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing,(ocdc) I dont own an exmark but I installed one one my scag this fall and it saves me alot of blower time and my customers commented that the mulch beds looked alot nicer

captaingreen
01-04-2005, 09:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing,(ocdc) I dont own an exmark but I installed one one my scag this fall and it saves me alot of blower time and my customers commented that the mulch beds looked alot nicer
What kind of ocdc did you put on the scag? I put an ez chute on the exmark, but couldn't find one for the scag.

RedWingsDet
01-04-2005, 09:12 PM
4 letters, ocdc.....

unless you mean the side oppsite of the discharge chute

TClawn
01-04-2005, 10:05 PM
as the others said, an ocdc will solve your problem.