PDA

View Full Version : Toro or Exmark. I know the arguments, but PLEASE REPLY!

KB
01-26-2001, 10:38 PM
I am a very happy Exmark Turf Tracer owner. I am trying to sell to buy a rider. I am a part timer and cannot afford nor do I need both. My Exmark only has 100 hours so needless to say I have had no problems, but here is my question. Toro makes quality products and Exmark is the best mower that I have ever used. We all know the Exmark / Toro story and the fact that the deck is the only major difference. My Exmark dealer is an hour away and a quality Toro dealer is only 20 minutes. Seeing as how I am only a part timer and do not expect problems or regular needs for service that I cannot perform, should I go the "extra mile" (or 35-40 to be exact) for the sake of having the better Exmark, or go ahead with a very similar Toro with a little weaker deck? What do you think? What would you do?

lawrence stone
01-26-2001, 11:07 PM
There is nothing weak about the toro deck esp. the 62.

The GREASABLE Toro spindles and second to none using the best quaility bearings available.

lsylvain
02-12-2001, 03:11 PM
I actually prefere toro's Probibly just bias but I've used them quite a bit and never had any trouble out of them.

awm
02-12-2001, 06:23 PM
I believe Id buy the one I thought was best
machine.You either going to wish you had all the
time or change your mind about which is
best.This has a little to do with me being me.
Everybody I know, knows im going to get or try to get
the best sooner or later.Its an ego thing I think.