PDA

View Full Version : Kubota Mowers anyone????

ProSvcs
01-04-2005, 09:39 PM
What is the general consensus on the kubota GF, F, or ZD series. I have not seen much discussion about them and would like to know if there is a reason that people are not using them.

I have used Kubota for the last 5 years and have never had any problems with them. Since I am getting ready to buy a new mower, I would like to know if ther is something that I am missing.

Please list any pro's / Con's of kubota compared to the more popular brands.

Thanks
Jim

specialtylc
01-04-2005, 09:49 PM
I have had a ZD21 for 3 years now. Im very happy with it. It has lots of useful features that many of the others dont. Mine has over 1200 hrs on it with no problems.

grass disaster
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM
i own a zd 18 with 54" deck have not had a single problem with it. the diesel saves me a money. i think the reason more people don't own them is because they are more money.

it's like the truck theory gas vs diesel. ask yourself why don't more people own diesels? probably cause it's about 7000 more to boot from the get go.can the gas trucks do everything a diesel can do? well for the most part. but everyone knows they would rather have a diesel.

i guess that is why i went with the kubota. now if i could of had the money for the duromax i'd be set. i didn't have the 7k extra so i settled for the 6.0

Jusmowin
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM
What kind of features does your Kubota have that the others dont have ? I worked at a farm that used Kubotas and really liked the tractors but didnt hold up as well as our JDs.

ProSvcs
01-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the replies...

Since I am getting ready to buy another mower, I just wanted to make sure that I was not missing something about the other brands. IE: if the general consensus was that the others had a better cut quality in wet environments, then I may need to look harder at some of the others before buying another Kubota.

My GF1800 is approx 10 years old with a little over 3000 hours and the only thing I have done to is 2 new decks and I replaced injectors and glow plugs this year.

Jim

out4now
01-04-2005, 10:41 PM
What kind of features does your Kubota have that the others dont have ? I worked at a farm that used Kubotas and really liked the tractors but didnt hold up as well as our JDs.

Please tell me you're joking. We ran both and the Kubotas blew away the Deeres in quality and in maintence. (I'm talking tractors here as well not mowers.)

specialtylc
01-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Hydraulic lift deck, Swivel deck wheels, PTO drive shafts, double V belt on deck spindles, wet clutch for PTO, suspension seat, pivoting front axle, compact engine design, large tires. Some of these features are on other mowers, but none have them all.

green acres lawns
01-04-2005, 11:26 PM
The hydraulic deck lift would be a dissadvantage for me as I could no longer raise the deck slightly with my foot to clear roots, rocks, water meter covers etc while mowing at top speed or turning or working in ditches etc. Pivoting front axles can be a dissadvantage on slopes and swivel deck wheels are always shimmying and wear out rapidly. The kubota zd28 I demoed was noticably slower than the sabre tooth I have now, and felt top heavy on slopes. But, the kubota was over $2000.00 cheaper.