PDA

View Full Version : Starting out, looking for advise!

PALawnGuy461
01-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I am first of all writing just to say hello, and of course seek a litte advise.

I have been working in the lawn care business for 6 years now and this past year I started doing some extra mowing on the weekends. My plan for this year is to do it pretty much full time and to work for my dad a little as well.

Right now I'm working with a '78 Ford F-150, a 48" John Deere walk behind, and Echo trimmer & blower. I also have a Honda self-porpelled, bagging push mower.

My plans are to have about 20 -30 mowing accounts by the end of the year and to purchase a 60" Exmark Turf Tracer because in my area (MD/PA state line directly between Baltimore and Harrisburg) alot of the lawns are at least an acre and the 48" is just too small. If I get the 2nd mower, I have a 16' landsacpe trailer I will use to haul them.

So that is where I am right now. If anyone has some good advise, things not to do, things that I should consider doing, pricing, equipment to look into purcasing, let me know. I would greatly apriciate anyones input that would help me make good decisions to make this a properous business. Thank you all in advance.[/B][/I][FONT=Impact]

lawncare4u
01-05-2005, 09:44 PM
It looks like you're headed in the right direction.But if you are planning on picking up 20-30 clients this year,you might want to add other services such as mulching,prunning yard clean up etc.!This should help boost your income,in return you shold be able to keep adding new equipment!!! :waving:

Dman1214
01-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Don't post in red - too hard to read is my 1st advice