PDA

View Full Version : When to hang door hangers?

spcfoor
01-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I was just wondering when the best time is to hang door hangers so that it is early enough to beat some of the competition but late enough to stay in the minds of the customer. I have been doing lawn care for 3yrs now but have just gotten accounts by word of mouth. I am wanting to grow a little bit this year and had 500 flyers printed and just need to know when to put them out. Thanks

Lawnchoice
01-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I guess it all depends on what the spring starts to get rolling in your area.

Personally I put them out in March when customers start to think about the lawn. This all depends on if there is snow on it too.

Can you share you hanger with us?

MMLawn
01-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't know your budget but you might want to consider more than 500 as with that amount and the normal rate of "return" on those in customers you should only expect to get 0-1 new customers.

spcfoor
01-05-2005, 11:23 AM
I will have to do it at home. I am at work right now and don't have one with me.

I am part-time so I am at my first job. I am trying to bring my wife home to stay at home with our 5 mo old daughter. But she makes more than I do so I have to get more yards and keep this job also.

Petr51488
01-05-2005, 01:11 PM
I plan on putting my door hangers out in the beginning of march. Usually around here we start mowing the first week of april or so. I just got my door hangers in last week and they look real good.

Lux Lawn
01-05-2005, 01:16 PM
It's a tough call if they go out to early and there a big snow fall and nobody is thinking about it then a lot of them get toss in the trash,and if you wait and your competition has their's out you can lose that way also.Last year I sent out a bunch of postcards and flyer's and we got hit with a snow storm the next day I didn't do very good.

I would like to see what others have to say about this.

out4now
01-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Works pretty much the same regardless of industry, put them out 3 weeks before you start your season. Why waste door hangers now? Put them out just a bit before you anticipate demand. Pizza guys door hang heavy starting just before the superbowl or college bowl games here and right before the 4th of July as well. Carpet guys door hang really heavy from late October till early December. Make the most out of them they aren't free to print.