PDA

View Full Version : Earth-N-Wood Point system for employee bonuses

Mr. C
01-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Earth-N-Wood Landscaping has a very interesting system for employee bonuses but I still need a few more details. Like how much bonus to give and not kill your profit margin. Does anyone have a system for employees bonuses? If so, can you explain and give details. I am looking to implement a bonus program in hopes that it will increase production and quality.Thanks

Mr. C
01-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Anybody want to give me some help? Maybe make a small comment or two.

littlenic
01-07-2005, 12:32 AM
I am also interested in setting up some type of bonus system. I am thinking of tying it to performance, quality and equipment repair/replacement.
Iíll keep checking back to see what suggestions are offered.

Thanks, littlenic

i_plant_art
01-07-2005, 12:40 AM
well how many employees do you have? when i was in college doing my internships i did one for BrickmanGroup and every week (fridays) at the end of the day when checks were being passed out anyone who wanted to could take a $1 bill write thier name on it and put it in a bucket. they would then draw out names to see who won and they would have prozes for the winners like stereo headsets, new work boots, clothing, radios, food gift cards, etc etc things that the mexican population would see as "gifts or things they want but dont ever get" as well as things they could use. it seemed to work out good and they guys were really into it. just a thought for ya

i_plant_art
01-07-2005, 12:42 AM
also the guys could put in as many $1 bills as they wanted to

Likestomow
01-07-2005, 01:10 AM
I use a Longevity Bonus of $1 per hour worked, paid in a lump sum on 15-December. That way if a worker quits during the season, he would suffer along with you. If he stays, he has a very nice Christmas account available on 15-December.

I also have an Attendance Bonus of $1 per hour, paid monthly. I do not allow any unexcused absences when qualifying for this bonus.

These bonuses cut both ways: they reward the good workers and penalize the slack ones.