PDA

View Full Version : they all come back

bobbygedd
01-05-2005, 12:15 PM
ah yes, and once again it feels great to have the upper hand. i hate to bore you gents with my stories (not really), but i will anyhow. a few yrs back, i aquired a client. very, VERY wealthy man. he had brand new sod installed recently in part of his yard (about 4k worth). he arranged with me to cut his lawn. i promised him the sun and the moon, you know, i'll be there every week, i'll do a good job, etc. well, unfortunately in those days, i was unable to deliver. working a night job with mandetory overtime, combined with setbacks from rain, it was hard to keep my promises. well, the inevitable happened, i missed his lawn 3 weeks. it got a foot high. he called and called, but i never responded. finally i went by and cut it. WOW, disasterous. it took over 2 hrs (normally 30 minutes). i explained i was tied up, etc. a few days later areas of his lawn began to die, i won't get into it. he claimed it was due to the fact that i let it get too long. i said no way. nope. it got worse and worse. he demanded i replace all the sod for free. i laughed in his face. we went at it,that was the end of that relationship. he tried to with hold payment, but i tricked his wife into writing me a check. done deal, adios. WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT... guess who wants me back? yup, he does. seems he has been thru 7 other services, all which were unsatisfactory. rutting the groung, doing a bad job, not showing up. one let it get so high, the township gave him a fine. i told him this: i'll take YOU back. i will admit i was wrong for letting it go three weeks uncut. i do however maintain that this was not the cause of your lawn dying. and, i want $45 a week (formerly $32). sooner or later, they all come back, you just have to know how to handle them.

Lux Lawn
01-05-2005, 12:20 PM
7 service's in a few years he sounds like he is a tough person to please, or were they all that bad?

Soupy
01-05-2005, 12:26 PM
What made him come back to you? Why after 7 people he has decided that the sod killing, no showin lawn guy good not be replaced.

I don't get this one at all Bobby. I am sure you do great work now and that he will be satisfied, but you delivered very very bad service before. Why is this guy needing you back so bad?

bobbygedd
01-05-2005, 12:31 PM
why? because in spite of skipping him a few times, i did a great job. by talking with me, he knows i'm knowledgable, and can do it all. i also work for someone he knows, whom i've never had a problem with. this, combined with the nutcases that are running around here who don't have a clue....i'm the best game in town

J&R
01-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Whenever someone drops me and call back. First i ask way and then tell them I will need a 5 year contract with cost of living built into the contract. 7 out of 10 times they sign back up.

Soupy
01-05-2005, 12:36 PM
why? because in spite of skipping him a few times, i did a great job. by talking with me, he knows i'm knowledgable, and can do it all. i also work for someone he knows, whom i've never had a problem with. this, combined with the nutcases that are running around here who don't have a clue....i'm the best game in town

That makes more sense :)

bobbygedd
01-05-2005, 12:38 PM
also soupy, some people seem to be turned on by the fact that i don't take thier crap, and will drop them at the drop of a hat. either that, or he likes my mullet

YardPro
01-07-2005, 12:30 PM
boy, i guess he has reached the bottom of the barrell again........

lol
just kidding bobby

bobbygedd
01-07-2005, 12:44 PM
OH NO!!! it's back. where did you go? how was it? mine sucked btw