PDA

View Full Version : The ol game of chasin the money

pjslawncare/landscap
01-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Have this customer that wanted me to tear out steep sidewalk in front of his home and replace with steps of exposed aggregate. So contract is 50% up front, balance due upon completion. I get the 50% and go to work. Now this guy travels a lot and upon completion, nobody is home so I send him an e-mail invoice. Two days go by so I try calling but no answer so I e-mail. He replies that he is out of town and will be home Fri. Friday I get an e-mail saying job looks great and he is sending a check. Tuesday still no check so I stop by as Im mowing in his neighborhood but no answer. I send e-mail, he replies he is out of town again, but will send payment. I reply "what the heck, u said you would send on fri. CONTRACT IS BALANCE UPON COMPLETION, I dont want the run around". Wednesday then thursday comes. No check I e-mail him notifying him "last chance before collection". He e-mails with some crap about his 10 yr old son was supposed to have left letter with check in it for mail man, but mail man didnt pick it up :sleeping: :sleeping: . I tell him I will be over @ 5:00pm to pick it up. While picking it up he asks me if I can go ahead and put in a half basketball court in back yard I already gave estimate way back when :dizzy: . I say OK but only prepay basis. He said OK he will send check on Friday Dec 17. That was three weeks ago and havent received anything yet, but he just e-mailed me wanting to know how my schedule is & can I start on his job soon. Gee now lets see, no money, but he thinks Im gonna continue to work for him. Cant wait till he calls me wanting to know when I will start his job.

bobbygedd
01-05-2005, 09:25 PM
nice aint it? no respect. who do you thank? tell me, who set the standards in this industry? sorry to hear about this crap. i wouldn't even service the guy anymore. i have zero tolerance for this crap

Lawnchoice
01-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Get some debris that looks like his that you ripped out and deposit it in his driveway.

When he pays the bill, you can remove it for him.

Hate to hear of this happening. I had a simliar project years ago that went just the same.