PDA

View Full Version : Ultra mulching blades

Mean Green Machine
01-27-2001, 12:37 AM
Anyone have experience with Ultra mulch blades?
It seems like it would work well...?

Here is their link:www.ultramulch.com

HOMER
01-27-2001, 12:47 AM
Too rich for my blood!

65hoss
01-27-2001, 02:44 AM
Can you imagine sharpening those? :(

lawman
01-27-2001, 10:46 AM
I think that I will stay with the gator.

dylan
01-27-2001, 01:32 PM
I have one on my lawnboy 6.5hp.
I only use it for mulching leaves in the fall.
Does a great job.
I could use it year round but I often use the push mower for rough areas and stones so the blade gets real beat up and it is easier to sharpen just one edge.
It is not to hard to sharpen with a file. I don't let it get dull and constantly sharpen it. A grinding wheel will get about half the edges.
I bought it because the dealer said the company had gone out of business and the blades were marked way down.
Around here, a lawnboy blade can be had for $5 and these blades are sold at $45. (canadian)
I don't think they are worth that much, especially if you hit one rock.
They don't have enough lift either. In longer grass it won't suck it up and cut it.
Works best for leaves. I put the LB into a ditch filled with 2 feet of leaves. Slowly eating away down the lenght of the ditch I reduced it to powder only 3/8 of an inch high. Next spring there was no trace of the leaf particles.
You can't get them for bigger decks either. I wouldn't want them as main blades on a wb because they don't have the lift but if you could get them, they might make a good upper blade on a two blade set up, especially in the fall.