PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Navigator

Lawnchoice
01-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Stopped by my local Exmark dealer today. He said he is going to get the new Navigator in the showroom by mid-March.

When is your dealer getting theirs in?

I am anxious to see what it " feels " like and demo it in the spring.

Mowmoney00
01-05-2005, 09:52 PM
The dealer called me this morning to let me know that the regional exmark rep was in and he had one of the new Navigators with him.

I stopped by and tried it out and it looks to be a pretty nice machine. I'm sure their gonna work out the bad nuts and bolts in the next couple of months, but he told us that we should see one in the dealership sometime in April maybe May.

The design is very similar to the Walker and Ransome, but I also think they took into consideration the problems of the "other guys" mowers. I talk to alot of other LCO's in the area and they are getting rid of their Walkers and they also have alot of problems with the Ransome's design. The Navigator is an improvment!!!!!

Lawnchoice
01-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Sounds good.

I used to have an Exmark Explorer back 9 years ago. What a piece that was!

Very much looking forward to seeing this unit and running it neck and neck with a Walker.

green acres lawns
01-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I called my exmark dealer today to check on the navigator. Said they would call me when they got on in. I would like to demo one on the lawns I use my walker on, but I am also going to put the clam shell catcher on my 52" tiger cub and see how it compares.

Lawnchoice
01-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I have a Tiger Cub with the triple bagger and a couple of Walkers.

The cub is great in the wide open areas and the Walker is great in the tighter spots.

The blower on the Scag can handle quite a bit of grass under certain conditions when the Walker will clog.

laborador
01-12-2005, 05:08 PM
How much does the navigator retail for. Is it less or more expensive than the walker.

Lawnchoice
01-12-2005, 05:14 PM
From what my local dealer told me, it would be less than 10k. I know you can get a Walker with a 20hp for 9k and the EFI for 9799.

Another month or so and I get to check it out.

Mowmoney00
01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
The dealer told me that it would probably retail for around 9000 to 10000 give or take a few dollars. They are equiped with (I believe) a 20hp, 25hp or a 27hp.... :D

GrassBustersLawn
01-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I test drove one in OCT maybe? Thought it was nice. They told me then that they weren't going to production until FEB and probably would only be making a 100 or so the first year. (I know, doesn't sound like a big enough production run. That's what the Regional Rep told me!)

My BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH IT: They will ALL be manual dump. You have to get off the machine to dump it. WHAT'S THE POINT of doing that? Your production will be CRAP! I was ready to buy one, but I'll wait until they get a "dump from seat" options. Maybe by then they will have any other "first run bugs" worked out.

Mike

Fareway Lawncare
01-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Manual dump is bad news...They're working on a discharge deck and a Universal Adaptor will soon be available to fit all Walker Attachments...Not the Decks Though.

I Believe there's a Mulch kit for the Bag Deck but I May be Wrong on that One.