PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen this?

smlavin
01-06-2005, 12:24 AM
http://www.sspropertypros.com/id2.html

$75 a month for lawn maintenance ... including monthly hedge trimming and weed and feed! It makes Just Mowing look expensive! Just Mowing's business model works well for him but I don't know how anyone can survive at these prices. He has got to be charging between $18 - $22 per cut and throwing in monthly hedge trimming and weed and feed for free! :dizzy:

cutnedge
01-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Looks to me like they may be using lawncare just to get their foot in the door.

Lawnchoice
01-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Always sell quality - not price.

moremowing4me
01-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Looks to me like they may be using lawncare just to get their foot in the door.
That is what it looks like to me as well. The 75 is just for the lawn care, but that is still a whole lot cheeper than I would do it for.

rodfather
01-06-2005, 10:37 AM
What do they mean by "sweep"? Is that another term for blowing clippings grass off the walks and driveway?

Soupy
01-06-2005, 10:42 AM
I just mentioned this in another thread. I can see everyone talking about coping these plans already. The lawn care industry is going to start falling faster then it already is. Good luck to everyone that tries this. I'm sure a few will succeed, but how many business will tumble because of it. I just hope this doesn't spread to my neck of the woods.

lawnprosteveo
01-06-2005, 09:45 PM
I just mentioned this in another thread. I can see everyone talking about coping these plans already. The lawn care industry is going to start falling faster then it already is. Good luck to everyone that tries this. I'm sure a few will succeed, but how many business will tumble because of it. I just hope this doesn't spread to my neck of the woods.

I disagree that this will cause businesses to tumble. There have been many times that I have picked up customers from one of these low-priced guys.

The customer is more concerned with whether I am going to show up when I say I am, if I will butcher their yard like to low-ball guy did, if I will blow clippings all over their nice flower beds, if I am gonna have some long haired just out of prison dude helping me.....

I guess what I am saying is my customers will stay with me even if a low priced guy solicits them because I give them what they want... quality, reliability, professionalism, etc...
:) :) :)

grass-scapes
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I disagree that this will cause businesses to tumble. There have been many times that I have picked up customers from one of these low-priced guys.

The customer is more concerned with whether I am going to show up when I say I am, if I will butcher their yard like to low-ball guy did, if I will blow clippings all over their nice flower beds, if I am gonna have some long haired just out of prison dude helping me.....

I guess what I am saying is my customers will stay with me even if a low priced guy solicits them because I give them what they want... quality, reliability, professionalism, etc...
:) :) :)

I have to agree with this statement. I have several properties that I picked up this year that were paying a lower price to someone last year. I am there when I say I am, I take care of what I say I will, and I present a neat appearance. IM not perfect, but who of us is? (except bobby) LOL.

Sell quality and dependability. And if you use a contract, please spell check

Soupy
01-06-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't lose customers either but it is getting harder and harder to pick up new customers at my price. I do get the ones that want professionalism, but they are only a majority of the population. Just look at the amount of people that are flocking to the discount stores.

I think there are a lot of good customers that just want their grass cut. Just because they don't care about having the perfect lawn doesn't mean they can't be good paying customers. These are the customers that we are not getting anymore.

Believe me, it effects everyone in some way. I'm sure the specialty stores thought the same way at one time.

sildoc
01-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Looking at this this guy is not looking for the mowing aspect to pay off. he is getting his foot in the door to offer other services that will pay off higher than what Lawn mowing will.
Look at it. He does fence instalation, Laminate flooring, Irrigation and Back up power service. He probably has a hand full of accounts that pay 75 a month and, breaks even with out profit, but he probably makes that up in a new fence install or some other carpentry work.

Now is this good for all??? Probably not but if it works for him who cares.

Why am I so laid back from this? He's in Georgia! :laugh: