PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Kirby!

Currier
01-27-2001, 12:37 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the brochure example. We have ms publisher and you inspired me to make one of my own. I can't believe how great it turned out.
I surely appreciate it!

KirbysLawn
01-27-2001, 01:35 AM
No problem, glad I could help. Did you print it in color? If so did you do it on the brochure paper? It's awsome! I give to commercial/high end res. prospects.

Ray

Island Lawn
01-27-2001, 12:48 PM
Just wanted to say thank as well, Kirby.

I'm putting the final touches on mine.

One question, Where can I get decent pictures for my brochure if I don't have a digital camera?

Without pix, I'm tempted to go b/w.

Thanks again for all your help!

Eric ELM
01-27-2001, 01:25 PM
Island Lawns, do you have a scanner and a picture of your lawns? If not, I have had several ask to use a picture of mine to put on their flyers. Just an idea.
Eric

Runner
01-27-2001, 04:44 PM
The one picture of the backyard of the two story house with the diagonal striping would be AWEsome for a brochure. Taken at what appears to be high noon, a perfect representation of a typical subdivision lawn (U.M.C.), and very distinct from the neighbor's lawn. This is not to mention that it's just a dog-gone well taken picture. I have this picture on my moniter as wallpaper - it helps keep me going through the winter!

Island Lawn
01-27-2001, 11:31 PM
Eric,
Thanks for the help, again!

No scanner.

How do I go about using one of yours?
I don't want to misrepresent myself, or my ability. I'm just looking to improve the overall look of my brochure.

I thought I had read on a previous post about copying pix off from websites... Is this legal/ethical?
If so, HOW?

Eric ELM
01-27-2001, 11:41 PM
It should be legal as long as I give you permission. If you were using it on your website and saying you did all these lawns like one company down in SC did, I would get upset. One our members was the one to spot this and let me know about it. They had 6 of my pictures on their site and added, "This is some of our finer lawns we mow" or something close to that.

If you want, pick out the one you want and I'll send you a higher resolution picture so it prints out as good as possible.