PDA

View Full Version : Man...I hate buying a vehicle

Carolina Cutter
01-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Maybe its because I used to sell cars so I know the ins and outs. I don't know. Went to look at a vehicle tonight. Sat and talked numbers and as usual they started the pricing game. Aaagggghhhhh! I finally got the deal I wanted, only because I got up and started to leave, but didn't sign anything. So....the deal is still up in the air. Was sooooo aggrevated when I left the dealership I have been sitting here for 2 hours looking on line and think I have found some better deals.

Being a past salesperson I can say that the guy that was the salesperson was outstanding. The problem always lies (pun intended) with the management. I can't stand the way they try to inflate the price. Wanted me to take a $3000 hit on my vehicle.....no freakin way! That is where the walking out started.

Anyway........told them I would let them know and left. Going to look at some others Friday and see what kind of deal they wanna do.

Sorry, just venting....................... :realmad:

Planter
01-06-2005, 01:43 AM
My daughter just bought her first new car. They started the "only $XXX.XX per month" game with us. I told them don't finance her, she can do it. To get to the point it was a 94 model and the "payment" they quote me was very good. 0.9% financing that the dealer was buying down, which means we were paying for it. We left. When I got home I put the payment, down, etc. in a spreadsheet and they we financing her for $33,500 on a car with a $25,500 sticker and it was last years model to get her the "low" interest. We went elsewhere, paid less and got more options, bigger engine and all the frills. The sales manager at the first place came out as we were leaving and wanted to argue. Sure, I'm going to buy a car from some argumentitive and insulting little pr**k. Argue and insult me, that will make me want to buy from them.

I hate buying a vehicle, too!!!

Smalltimer1
01-06-2005, 01:49 AM
The dealer I'm working with on getting this '04 F-250 is very friendly. They helped me get started with the old one 3 years ago, and now I'm almost ready to move up as soon as the old one is sold. They have bent over backwards to help me out when the old one was in the shop, and to make arrangements for me to get the new one. Basically it's all figured out, just have to find a buyer for the old one now. I refuse to trade in a vehicle because there would be $3000+ difference in what I get for it, and what they would give on trade.

UNISCAPER
01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
The fleet manager at the GM dealership and the Mack dealership have a very unique way about selling. They litterally open the book, sort of like how a Saturn is sold. The price is the price, thier service and advice is second to none, and everybody gets paid and walks away happy. There are times where it makes no sense to haggle because my time sitting there is worth something. Those days of sitting in the dealership and having your salesman go back and talk to "Guido" the finance guy, or the lot manager, or the owner, hopefully will go by the wayside. And in my book, I really don't care if I pay $4-500.00 more, as long as what I buy does what it is supposed to for many miles to come.