PDA

View Full Version : Major Flooding Here

jpp
01-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Well, we got no snow but we have had over 4.50 inches of rain since the start of the year in Columbus, Ohio. If it is like this already I am wondering what the rest of the year is going to be like. They have just shut down major freeways in and out of downtown. I guess I am just venting on the lack of snow but I am hopeful that the flooding will stop and nobody gets hurt.

JP

FrankenScagMachines
01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Same deal here. Many road closings here, and still more roads that are not/have not been reported yet. Wednesday before Christmas we had a huge snow storm here, 24" in 24 hrs which sent our town reeling! we cannot handle more than 6" a storm- 8" tops. Took my company 5 days to get our work done, and the town was still doing cleanup a week later some places! Then we had several days of 40 and 50 degree weather to melt everything Indiana style. Tuesday the rain started. Yesterday it started the flooding, today the flooding is peaking at almost record amounts- 16'. The next closest amount was 15 1/2' in 1991, and the next amount higher was in 1913 had 17'. Just a few minutes ago at lunch it was snowing a little! Go figure! So i don't know what is happening or going to happen here anymore :dizzy:
as we speak my backyard is under 4' of water :blob2: thankfully our house is on a hill out of danger.

jpp
01-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Same deal here. Many road closings here, and still more roads that are not/have not been reported yet. Wednesday before Christmas we had a huge snow storm here, 24" in 24 hrs which sent our town reeling! we cannot handle more than 6" a storm- 8" tops. Took my company 5 days to get our work done, and the town was still doing cleanup a week later some places! Then we had several days of 40 and 50 degree weather to melt everything Indiana style. Tuesday the rain started. Yesterday it started the flooding, today the flooding is peaking at almost record amounts- 16'. The next closest amount was 15 1/2' in 1991, and the next amount higher was in 1913 had 17'. Just a few minutes ago at lunch it was snowing a little! Go figure! So i don't know what is happening or going to happen here anymore :dizzy:
as we speak my backyard is under 4' of water :blob2: thankfully our house is on a hill out of danger.

Just started spitting snow here in the last half hour. I am with you on the what is happening anymore. Glad to hear your house is dry. No water here in the house either just on the south end of Columbus.

mowin at the lake
01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
we have had about 4-5 inches of rain in the last 2 days.
The lake we live on is near an all time high.
They opened the floodgate yesterday.

richard coffman
01-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Well, we got no snow but we have had over 4.50 inches of rain since the start of the year in Columbus, Ohio. If it is like this already I am wondering what the rest of the year is going to be like. They have just shut down major freeways in and out of downtown. I guess I am just venting on the lack of snow but I am hopeful that the flooding will stop and nobody gets hurt.

JP
Mmmm, is this because of the ice storm you has here recently. I was born and raised about 30 miles south of columbus, Ohio. Family still lives there, get weather info from them all the time. hope it improves fro ya all out that way.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner :D :D :D

jpp
01-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Mmmm, is this because of the ice storm you has here recently. I was born and raised about 30 miles south of columbus, Ohio. Family still lives there, get weather info from them all the time. hope it improves fro ya all out that way.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner :D :D :D

Yep the Christmas week storm did not help matters any. All of the ice and snow has melted along with the heavy rain we have received is causing major problems. 71 is closed in both directions south of the i70 split to the outerbelt. If you remember where beliner park is then you should know quite a bit of that is under water. Rte 70 is closed out at Buckeye lake as well. I hope your family down south of here is safe. Will definitely keep them in my thoughts.
Check out nbc4i.com

JP

mowin at the lake
01-06-2005, 05:44 PM
we have had about 4-5 inches of rain in the last 2 days.
The lake we live on is near an all time high.
They opened the floodgate yesterday.
heres a picture from this afternoon