PDA

View Full Version : Passed the Certification

Tadams
01-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I just got the results back that I passed the GA Commercial Pesticide exam. That was a pretty hard test! I don't feel like a newbie anymore!

i_plant_art
01-06-2005, 10:01 PM
congrats on passing the test. i have heard that the test are a b1tch to pass. hope all works well for you adding the new service to your business.

kalyeah
01-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Congrats! Mind me asking what you did to prepare for the test?

Luscious Lawns
01-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Congrats Tadams !!

I remember when I took the test, I worried myself sick for days. This is not a test for the unprepared. Expect to get a call from Rick With GDA. They usually want to inspect your operation within a couple of months. They'll want to see your application records, safety equipment, storage/mixing area. All the stuff on the test.

What direction are you taking the buisness? Fert and squirt only? or add this to an existing cuting biz?

Allen

steve in Pa.
01-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Congrats on passing your test. I know when i passed mine it was a load off me. :blob3: good job again.

Tadams
01-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the support, guys.
Kalyeah- I am taking classes at a local Tech school for Horticulture and it is one of the classes that I wanted to take.
Luscious Lawns- I am already into the maintenance business and did a little fert, pre-m, pest., & round-up but I will start marketing as being licsenced and really pushing the service.

Dman1214
01-08-2005, 08:22 PM
that's noble of you to actually conduct business legally now

PR Fect
01-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Good job Todd! I passed mine in Wisconsin a few years back. I'm taking the University of Georgia's Certified Turfgrass Professional coarse right now. Hope to get threw it by spring.