PDA

View Full Version : pesticide test ?

rdh
01-27-2001, 01:51 AM
how hard are the test ?
would they be no harder than a CDL drivers licenses?
how long should i study?

Ocutter
01-27-2001, 02:53 AM
RDH- study as much as you can. I cant compare it to a CDL (never took one). The Core is closed book. It was fairly easy. Category is open book, but you need the help. I studied, took the help tests at the end of each chapter, and labeled the pages for easy reference during the test. Im the type that doesnt test well, so you will hear from others that it was a breeze. For me my head hurt for 1 day. Good luck

Skookum
01-27-2001, 03:34 AM
Our tests in Indiana are CLOSED book. No cheat sheets, nothing, just your noggin.

PINEISLAND1
01-27-2001, 12:52 PM
Our tests are also closed book in MI as far as I know. I've never seen anyone with a book anyways-maybe I should try that!!

Its been a long time since I took the originals, but I'd have to say the recert. exams seem very easy and common sense in most of the catagories.

bob
01-28-2001, 12:39 AM
OK, I have a CDL license and an Applicators license. I studied for both and passed them both. Their not that hard if you take the time to read your material.

Rodney Anderson
01-29-2001, 08:09 PM
rdh, You'll want to contact the dept. of agriculture in Reynoldsburg at 1 800 282 1955 and see about getting the needed training packages. Ohio Pesticidde Apllicator has training courses you can take in Columbus Jan. 31 and other dates. To contact them 888 863 3445 this is OTF which is an excellent organization to help you with training, membership and industry discounts.
The core can be difficult but if have some green industry background and some common sence the tests can be rather easy. I've help many people go through this test and they all say they yhough it would be alot harder, but I train pretty hard.