PDA

View Full Version : i want to landscape florida

scaglawnsnj
01-06-2005, 10:31 PM
hello i want to move to florida in a couple years..how is the landscape in florida,,,what i mean is thier a big demand there.for lawn maint and landscape.more then nj..hum give me your story start to present all you florida dudes...it seems like a cheaper life there housing is almost half then here.in good nj. do you guys mow year round since winter is like 60's there i plan on moving there next winter for a few months..just to feel it out if i get 50 customers im staying

Brianj
01-06-2005, 10:38 PM
what part of florida? im jacksonville and there are alot lco but there it alot of work.. if u do a good job u will get all the work u can handle. and yes we cut yr around, in the winter about 2-3 weeks

scaglawnsnj
01-06-2005, 10:58 PM
what part of florida? im jacksonville and there are alot lco but there it alot of work.. if u do a good job u will get all the work u can handle. and yes we cut yr around, in the winter about 2-3 weeks

thats all i needed too here year round lawn maint.. im there :cool: :cool:

out4now
01-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Move to AZ, year round work and No hurricanes, no gators, but unfortunately no beach, CA hasn't fallen off yet. It's hotter than He double hockey sticks in the summer though. Great for bermuda grass.

Rhett
01-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Florida is a large state. Conditions where I am located ( Lower Alabama) are completely different then what the guys in southern Florida deal with. We mow about 10.5 months a year on average on lawns that do not have winter rye. There is lots of work but also lots of competition. The prices we command are much lower then the prices in NJ. Housing, at least in my neck of the woods, is not cheap. Apartments start at 900 a month and the cheapest house in the paper is right at 200,000 today in the paper. If you are willing to travel 30 miles inland the same house is about 90,000. With traffic commute time would kill you. Where in Florida are you thinking of relocating to?