PDA

View Full Version : Is it all about the money?

all ferris
01-06-2005, 11:58 PM
What is the most important reason you cut grass? PICK ONLY ONE (but feel free to elaborate. If you have another reason please share.
Is it:
1- that you just like the money
2- you enjoy the freedom that everyone thinks you have because "you own your own business"
3- you enjoy the pristine/crisp look of a well maintained lawn
4- the smell of exhaust fumes mixed with BO turns your significant other on.
5- the long hours keep you away from your significant other as much as possible
6- it's challenging yet rewarding trying to make 100 different people happy all in the same week.

IMO I would pick #3. There is nothing better than to turn around as your pulling away from a job knowing that it's the best looking lawn in the neighborhood and someone just paid you good money to do it(money that my lovely wife will get more use out of than I will).

scaglawnsnj
01-07-2005, 12:19 AM
What is the most important reason you cut grass? PICK ONLY ONE (but feel free to elaborate. If you have another reason please share.
Is it:
1- that you just like the money
2- you enjoy the freedom that everyone thinks you have because "you own your own business"
3- you enjoy the pristine/crisp look of a well maintained lawn
4- the smell of exhaust fumes mixed with BO turns your significant other on.
5- the long hours keep you away from your significant other as much as possible
6- it's challenging yet rewarding trying to make 100 different people happy all in the same week.

IMO I would pick #3. There is nothing better than to turn around as your pulling away from a job knowing that it's the best looking lawn in the neighborhood and someone just paid you good money to do it(money that my lovely wife will get more use out of than I will).

personaly i like the freedom and the money figures i feels good to make my own money..the life of the business depends on you if you need more money you need more customers daa.. :cool2: humm..

LLandscaping
01-07-2005, 12:21 AM
I would probably have to go with # 3. I agree there is nothing more satisfying than to look at a job you just did and admire your work.

cgland
01-07-2005, 12:28 AM
#3 but this isn't bad payup

Soupy
01-07-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm in it for the money. If I won the lottery, I doubt I would still be working out in the feild

TClawn
01-07-2005, 03:25 AM
#3. and #1. you forgot to add the. I just like playing with big expensive toys option.

JimLewis
01-07-2005, 03:54 AM
I'm in it for the money. If I won the lottery, I doubt I would still be working out in the feild

Ditto that!

No doubt about it. If I knew how to make better money doing something else (and was good at it) or if I ever came into some big money, I guarantee I wouldn't be doing this anymore. But it's what I know, I am fairly good at it, and it makes better money than anything else I can think of.

rodfather
01-07-2005, 09:45 AM
I like what's behind door #2...basically the freedom to do what I want each day.

walker-talker
01-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Mainly the money. Right now I am working full time and doing lawncare parttime, but I think I will like the freedom when doing it full time...someday, maybe this year. So right now I would have to say....striving for a goal is what I like the most.

Brianj
01-07-2005, 10:21 AM
the money is good,i like the freedom,but its what i love to do, there is nothing better then looking back at lawn after u are done and seeing what u have done... i love the smell of fresh cut grass, it is just in my blood i guess.. yea if i won the lottery i probably wont work but i would always cut my own yard with best equipment money could buy lol...

bobbygedd
01-07-2005, 10:29 AM
#2 , then #1. freedom, you can't put a pricetag on it. if i needed to, i'd rather run 2-3 small businesses by myself, then work one high paying job for someone else. the money....we all gotta live