PDA

View Full Version : Lm42 or LM25?

GrazerZ
01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Ok guys. as you may have noticed from some od my recent posts, I am at an equiptment transition point.
Problem: I have a 1987 (I think?) 255sx with 2100 hrs on it. it doesn't have a boring unit. just plow. I'm concerened about the life of the machine with an engine that is no longer made and that will cost me $4000.00+ to convert to a Honda. So then I'm looking at new a new machine. I have a Vermeer dealer about 15 min from my house, ditch witch is 2 1/2 hrs away. So Vermeer it is.
I'm looking at the LM 42 and the LM 25.
Option #1 Lm 42 with 40 hrs,(demo) trencher and boring unit. w/ tax $30,000
Option #2 Lm 25 with 10hrs,(demo) boring unit, no trencher. w/tax $20,000
Option #3 Lm 25 with 0 hrs, Trencher, boring unit, plow. w/tax $24,045

Part of my problem is justifiying the serious bank involved. Beyond that I'm trying to figure out which on makes to most since for me to buy. I'm relatively new to irrigation, but plan to do alot more. Commercial, residential mix. The 255sx makes me very uncomfortable as far as reliability goes. Maybe a good backup machine.But I could sell it and apply to new machine.
I have to have a boring unit, no more pounding pipe, water, etc. Would you insist on having a trencher on your machine also though?
Do you think it makes more since to buy the smaller machine then if things go great, get the big dawg? I know this all sounds kinda scatter brained, probably becaused I'm half excited and half scared.
PLEASE HELP!!!! :dizzy:

aquamtic
01-07-2005, 04:20 PM
If your overall concern of you rmachine is motor age and you feel confortable with the rest. 4 grand is not a bad investment to make it zero hours again. Also you might eant to make that drive to DW. You can pick up a used or demo with boring unit for under 19,000. You must be talking about the dealer in Tewsbury MA. They also always have some deals on used

As for the Vermeer- its sounds like you are probably doing mostly residentials and small commercials that really dont justify the extra cost of a trencher yet. Plus the Vermeer will at times be to big to get around your ordinary toght areas.

Shoot me an email
pgsystems@cox.net

greenworldh20
01-15-2005, 11:10 AM
lm 42 all the way baby...we have one and it is an incredible machine.

255 dw is for small install projects.

for bigger jobs and tougher soil, lm 42 is a wonderful and powerful machine.

brian

greenworldh20
01-15-2005, 11:13 AM
i began my company with a small used machine. we repaired it as things broke down. then when i got bigger and could justify the expense, we purchased a demo lm 42. definitely get the trencher and boring unit. we use the trencher for drainage, installing large diameter pipe, digging holes for planting trees...it is one amazing machine. it takes a beating and comes back for more.

brian

GrazerZ
01-15-2005, 12:33 PM
right now I've put it on hold. The finance dept came back with a 6.5% intrest rate. I was not impressed. He is going to get back to me with some better rates he said. I'm going to tell him when he calls that Ditch witch has much better rates.

GrazerZ
01-15-2005, 12:47 PM
oh yea, they said that they could do 8.5% on the LM25 for me. I laughed. Thats almost $5000.00 in interest for a $21000.00 purchase. I told him those were supranos rates.