PDA

View Full Version : Loading skid sprayer into truck

HazellLawnCare
01-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I am considering buying either a 200 or 300 gallon skid sprayer to do blanket apps with. What I am wondering is how hard will it be to get on and off of a flat bed truck? I have a tractor with pallet forks so it is bound to help. I'm not wanting to tie up the truck and was wondering if it would be easy to take in and out.

James Cormier
01-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I am considering buying either a 200 or 300 gallon skid sprayer to do blanket apps with. What I am wondering is how hard will it be to get on and off of a flat bed truck? I have a tractor with pallet forks so it is bound to help. I'm not wanting to tie up the truck and was wondering if it would be easy to take in and out.

Hazel, we used a chain fall attached to one of the beams in our shop to remove our tanks when we had them.

Then for a while I had a cubvan, I would just slide the tank onto a stack of pallets that was as high as the back of the van, and then move it around with a pallet jack. That was tough if I was alone, but 2 people can slide a 200 easy enought.

Neal Wolbert
01-09-2005, 02:09 PM
How about a trailer mount? Or build a rack you can lift the sprayer off with your tractor and a pulley system, pull out and set it on the ground, reversing the process when you want to load. One man could do that with relative ease. We had one rig built on a frame with chain hooks allowing us to easily pick it up with forks or a bucket. It works pretty slick. Years ago (many years ago...) we built a slide off rack we backed up to, unbolted and pryed up the sprayer, slipped in 2" pipes under the frame, hooked a chain to the back of the sprayer and to the rack, pulled the truck out a bit so we could work around it and then rolled the sprayer onto the rack. It was a two man deal though and kind of tough on the paint jobs not to mention fingers and toes :) Neal

kickin sum grass
01-09-2005, 07:41 PM
we took 4" angle iron ad made legs. On the legs we added heavy castor wheels. To take the tanks off the truck we simply slide the end of the tank past the end of the truck bed ad bolt on the back two legs. Then we slide the tank almost the rest of the way off and bolt the front two legs on. Two of the castor wheels swivel so we can steer it around as needed. This alows us to move the tanks around when needed.

We started off by mouting the castor wheels onto the angle legs. then we slide the side without the motor off the back of the truck. We positioned the anlge legs up to the corner of the frame of the sprayer and drilled holes and bolted them on. Then we slide the tank almost the rest of the way out. Then we turned the anlge so a flat side was against the sprayer frame and drilled the holes as needed (we used as many holes that were already there as possible). Now you can slide the tank off and role it to the corner. Then just do it in reverse to put it back on.

If I remember I will get some pickes tomorrow. Here is one from a distance but I don't thank you can tell much.
sorry it will not let me post that pic again. it was used in another thread and says it can't be uploaded again.
more tomorrow

Turf Medic
01-09-2005, 09:02 PM
We have a 300gal skid sprayer on a flat bed, not a big deal to unload, just pull the sprayer out until it tips down, prop the front up and then pull the truck out. A couple of people can then lower it down to the ground. Just reverse the process to load it back up. Not a great choice but I have managed to do this a few times by myself by using a lever and fulcrum to raise or lower the front of the sprayer. I probably should mention that our sprayer is set up with 3-100 gal tanks and the skid is about 8ft long.

James Cormier
01-09-2005, 10:03 PM
we took 4" angle iron ad made legs. On the legs we added heavy castor wheels. To take the tanks off the truck we simply slide the end of the tank past the end of the truck bed ad bolt on the back two legs. Then we slide the tank almost the rest of the way off and bolt the front two legs on. Two of the castor wheels swivel so we can steer it around as needed. This alows us to move the tanks around when needed.

We started off by mouting the castor wheels onto the angle legs. then we slide the side without the motor off the back of the truck. We positioned the anlge legs up to the corner of the frame of the sprayer and drilled holes and bolted them on. Then we slide the tank almost the rest of the way out. Then we turned the anlge so a flat side was against the sprayer frame and drilled the holes as needed (we used as many holes that were already there as possible). Now you can slide the tank off and role it to the corner. Then just do it in reverse to put it back on.

If I remember I will get some pickes tomorrow. Here is one from a distance but I don't thank you can tell much.
sorry it will not let me post that pic again. it was used in another thread and says it can't be uploaded again.
more tomorrow

Now thats a great Idea. Good job