PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Air Filter

bob
01-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Has anyone replaced their cabin air filter on their vehicle? I've got an 02, Chevy CC. Tried to find one in the stores today, but no one carries them. I'm tring to avoid going to the dealer.

Mindless
01-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Yes. Go to following website: http://www.partszoneonline.com/index.php
Input filter P/N if you have it for price. If not, give Bill Sr. a call. He is the Parts Mgr. Expect to pay 25-30% less list price. There is the shipping charge if you don't live close by dealership. If you can order additional GM parts than it helps offset shipping charge. Good luck.

Terry

beransfixitinc
01-08-2005, 08:44 PM
If you go through something like Autozone.com they will show a part for the cabin air filter. It shows up as special order though, so if you order it online, it may take a little while.. special order for the stores too. Mine shows $20 for that filter. Really, unless you drive in very dusty conditions and have alot of dust and trash IN your truck, it shouldn't be too dirty yet. Have you taken it out and checked it?

xcopterdoc
01-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Should be a NAPA #4805 filter... Try yur local store.. its a normally stocked item.

GLS
01-09-2005, 04:16 AM
The local autozone here had them in stock when I replaced mine.

But, if you can't find any, this is a great online store: gmdieseltech.com

I have ordered many parts here with great results. Here is a direct link to the cabin air filters for 01-02 gm trucks: http://www.gmdieseltech.com/store2/cart.php?target=product&action=view&product_id=16159&category_id=252

CNE
01-20-2005, 11:18 PM
remember when you replace it, there are two of them. when you remove the access panel and pull the first one out, there is a second one right behind it. You will have to slide it back and down to remove it. there should be 2 in the box when you buy it. there is from dealer.

Guthrie&Co
01-20-2005, 11:20 PM
anyone know if a 99 superduty has one?

Albemarle Lawn
01-24-2005, 09:10 PM
I found this quite humorous...a bit gross. You've been warned...

So...we got back from Paris a couple weeks ago. A few days after I got back, I started getting a little rash on my wrists. It slowly spread up my arms, and on my chest and back. I thought maybe it would go away, so I didn't worry about it too much. About a week later, I still had this rash...but then Sara started to get it!

Ok, now it doesn't seem like a rash. We quickly made a Doctor's appointment (or as quickly as you can with the UK National Health Service...you can't really make an appointment...you have to go in when the place opens and see if they have any availability that day. Doesn't make any sense to me...don't get me started). The Doctor took one look at my rash and asked, "Have you been out of the country lately? (Yes, France) How was the hotel? (A bit dodgy, but it was cheap!) I think you have Scabies!

Scabies, for those of you too lazy to click the link, are little microscopic bugs that burrow into your skin. While they're burrowing, they release a protein that causing the itchy rash, particularly at night (which is what it was doing). So we totally let the bed bugs bite! The Dr. gave us a lotion that you have to rub from jawline to toes (VERY thoroughly) that kills them. So our quality time together for this week was to have a nice dinner, wine, then rub each other down with anti-scaby cream. Anyway, we are now both scaby-free.

But scabies can be fun! It has allowed for witty banter between us, including:

What's up, scabes?
Man, my scabies is acting up today!
Don't touch that! You'll get all your scabies on it!
I wish these scabies would back up off me!
And thank God we live in a time where you can go and get a cream and remove them. Back in the day, you just had to be a scaby snack. (You know the phase, "sleep tight - don't let the bed bugs bite." Back in the day, they used to tie up their beds so they were suspended off the floor so they got fewer scabies/fleas. You had to tie the bed up tight so it didn't sag to the floor when you got in. Fun fact we learned in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Guthrie&Co
01-25-2005, 12:40 AM
i was a wreslter in high school and we had a guy get scabies. but i think he got it from home. when you wrestle its hard not to get a funk off of the mat. i got ringworm a few times as well as empentigo. yeah i know it was gross but what do you do. i showered all the time and always wore clean clothes to wrestle in. the mats were cleaned everyday too.

Lux Lawn
01-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I just had mine replaced at the place that works on my trucks and I know he gets his parts from NAPA.

bob
01-30-2005, 12:40 AM
I changed the old filter, here it is!

bob
01-30-2005, 12:42 AM
picture 2, note the grass