PDA

View Full Version : how to get in to the irragation business

shaughnessylawn
01-09-2005, 06:17 PM
I currently own a nice size lawn and landscape company was wondering what it would cost and how hard to start offering irragation. whats the minamal amount of equipment, and what ever else you need to start offering irragation, and is there classes or videos to help me

aquamtic
01-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Get intouch with a local John Deere Landscapes location. There are classes coming up in your area around Atlatic City on irrigation.
We are having our local ones at Foxwoods in CT this week. You will get some great knowledge on the basics and lok into using JD as a supplier

Good Luck

advancedlawnsolutions
01-11-2005, 11:41 PM
I got sarted through studying a do it yourself brochure from Nelson I picked up at Home depot. I did my own. But when you start offering it for hire you have to follow local government DEHEC guidelines for backflow preventers. Then I found out that I liked Rain bird better (No particular reason) and they offer training classes all over the nation at diiferent times I think they are about $300 for 2-3 days. The biggest thing that helped me was having confidence that I could do it and drawing it all out on paper to understand how everyhting would work. There's actually a lot of planning and thought that goes into a well designed system.

advancedlawnsolutions
01-11-2005, 11:43 PM
I got sarted through studying a do it yourself brochure from Nelson I picked up at Home depot. I did my own. But when you start offering it for hire you have to follow local government DEHEC guidelines for backflow preventers. Then I found out that I liked Rain bird better (No particular reason) and they offer training classes all over the nation at diiferent times I think they are about $300 for 2-3 days. The biggest thing that helped me was having confidence that I could do it and drawing it all out on paper to understand how everyhting would work. There's actually a lot of planning and thought that goes into a well designed system. Not much equipment, I rent my trenchers but am looking to get a valve locator. Rain Bird also has some training videos.

WildLake
02-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Check the RainBird site but couldn't find any info on classed. Anyone know of classes in the MD area.
Thanks

LawnJohn
02-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Here ya go..

http://www.rainbird.com/landscape/training/

aquamtic
02-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Check with your local irrigation supplier. John Deere has classes all over the place at thi stime of the year