PDA

View Full Version : Soil Testing Services, Who and How Much?

toxic man
01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
I am looking into a relationship with a soil testing company. Who is good, what is a fair price and do you always go by their recommendations?

Thanks,
Lou
Weed Solutions

Old Red
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
That's a good question. In NY almost every County has a service affiliated with Cornell U. (state ag school). Their word is accepted as gospel by the public. Cornell is probably a great school but whenever I've had a question about a test result they refer me to the County and they have answers for farmer's with plowed fields but turf questions seem to elicit guesses. Perhaps I should look elsewhere.

Motown
01-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Toxic Man,

In the past we have used the local extension office or a supplier like Mollemas, but in the past couple years I have had great results using a company out of Ohio called Logan Labs, LLC. I think I pay around $14.00 for the test. I ship them the dirt UPS and I get the results sent to me over the internet in 3 days. The more in depth test you want the more expensive it is but the one I get has all the basics including Ph, Organic matter, Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium. As well as Base Saturation Percent. They don't recommend anything particular. Just give me the information. You can find them at loganlabsllc.com. I like the way I get the results so quickly.

MoTown

kickin sum grass
01-11-2005, 12:28 AM
also in ohio is clc labs and spectrum analytical. Their are a couple others in Ohio but I can not think of them off hand.