PDA

View Full Version : Lazer HP owners / users PLEASE RESPOND!

KB
01-27-2001, 01:47 PM
I am looking to buy an Exmark HP or Lazer and trying to make a smart purchase. I am a part timer and cut residentials (small & large). I looked at both today. The HP does not have but 3 anti scalp rollers which are all in the front. My Turf Tracer HP has 4 but none in the back. It never really scalps but if it's wheel dip into a hole, the back of the deck can get into the ground without the rollers. Is this a problem with the HP since it has no rollers in the back? The Lazers have them all around. Also, do you like your HP?

lawman
01-27-2001, 02:43 PM
I have had no problems with my hp and I love the thing. I would like the new grips for it though.

cutting edge
01-27-2001, 03:47 PM
I have a 48" HP and like it. Sometimes I wish that I had the 52" and other times I find myself in a situation where a 52'" wouldn't fit. I think that rollers on the back of the deck would be nice.

65hoss
01-27-2001, 06:34 PM
My new LHP 52" has 3 rollers on the front and 2 in the back. The back ones are right in front of the rear wheels. I've never had any problem. I'm not sure if the smaller LHP's have rollers on the back or not, but the 52" does.

lawnnut
01-27-2001, 07:31 PM
The Lazer is a fine machine I have no complaints.
We Lowered our wheels down once and then raised them back up as it seemed when it was wet they did more damage then good on our 52 inch cut. Even though we atre as carefull as can be for high volume cutters it seems to me we leave a few to many marks on the corners or turns. 2 or 3 per cut and weekly cuttings they can add up

mwallingford
01-27-2001, 11:51 PM
I have a Lazer HP 48" and love it. Even with the 48" deck, you can get a lot done. I mow the football field and baseball field (outfield only) where I use to teach with my Lazer HP. It dosen't take anytime.