PDA

View Full Version : Almost finished with my flyer project!!!

walker-talker
01-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Well....it's coming to end soon. I have only 4 modification request to these flyers and that should wrap things up. One, as you will notice, he mispelled "overseeding" on the front. The other alterations are minor...like email address and such.....just text. Any last words of advice? In another thread somebody mentioned that "2 free mowings" was too many. Well, I am doing 3 and really don't feel I am over-doing it. Anyway...what do ya think?

walker-talker
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM
And....here is the other side. As you noticed, I wanted the front side to attract new mowing customers. The other side is targeted at getting more scalping clients.

Soupy
01-10-2005, 11:44 AM
I think it is the best I have ever seen. I love it! I wish I had it.. My Logo would go great were your is :)

How are you going to handle the 3 free cuts? Are you going to spread them out, or give them all at once?

People on here will always say that you shouldn't give free stuff away. But I think of it as part of your marketing expense. You will for sure get a lot of calls on the 3 free mowing's and as long as you have it factored into your expenses then you will recoup the cost.

With that said, if it was me I would change it to 2 cuts. I think you will have just as good response and it would lower your cost tremendously.

Lux Lawn
01-10-2005, 11:57 AM
I agree its one of the best if not the best I have ever seen on here you should do very well with it.I took some of your advice from another post and I am going to buy a couple of pics from the place you recommended for a flyer.

MacLawnCo
01-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Matt, i feel compelled to tell you that Marty Grunder of Grunder Landscaping has already registered "where service is always in season." I noticed, through a google search, that you already have been told this yet continue to use it... that is really lame. Dont ever bitsh if someone jacks your photos... a registered tagline is far more valuable than pics of grass.

MacLawnCo
01-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Also curious Matt how you plan to distrubute these. There is far more to a marketing strategy than just passing out "the best I have ever seen" flyers.

DLS1
01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Matt, i feel compelled to tell you that Marty Grunder of Grunder Landscaping has already registered "where service is always in season." I noticed, through a google search, that you already have been told this yet continue to use it... that is really lame. Dont ever bitsh if someone jacks your photos... a registered tagline is far more valuable than pics of grass.

Matt just get rid of the "where service is always in season". People are not going to buy or not buy because of some saying. I always thought one line sayings were silly. There are going to call you when they see 3 free mowings and other deals you have. I agree with others go with 2 free mowings.

Soupy
01-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Also curious Matt how you plan to distrubute these. There is far more to a marketing strategy than just passing out "the best I have ever seen" flyers.

Matt has plenty of experience in marketing strategies. This is not his first attempt at this. Also, he said that he was having the slogan fixed (in another thread) at final revision. He mentioned on this thread that there were 4 content revision to be made yet.

I apologies if you are just wanting to know his delivery methods. but you did ask it in a smartazz way.

Smithers
01-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Matt, i asked you in another thread, but in case you did not see it.....here it goes again:

How much did you pay for the design of the flier? if you dont want to let everyone know, please PM me. thanks a lot.

Lux Lawn
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Matt
I just bought my photos from istockphoto for some fliers thanks for the advice on the web site.One of the one's I bought is the one you have on the back of your I think.

PR Fect
01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
OK, I'm going to ask the dumb question of the day. What the heck is Lawn Scalping? I thought that was why my mowers had those little deck wheels, so it would not do that.

N.H.BOY
01-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Walker-talker. Looks great and again how will you send these out? Postoffice or some other way?

walker-talker
01-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes...I am changing the tag line and no, I have not had anybody jack my photos, but I have a memeber on here alter my logo and use it to fit his name and that really didn't bother me other than the fact he uses it for his avatar. I even had one member tell me they have an LCO in their area with the same name and logo as mine, now that is lame!!! I think Mr. Grunder needs to be a little more specific at his seminars when he actually invites others to steal his ideas. Maybe he should say, "steal any of my ideas....except my tag line". Somebody PM'd me and suggested that I change it to "where quality and service is always in season", so I might do that. While it's true that I did get the tag line from Grunder, when I had it incorporated into my logo file, it was not copyrighted at that time. Just recently (in the last few weeks) it had been brought to my attention that he did get it copyrighted. I actually emailed Grunder about this, but never received a reply.

The flyer cost $175, for the both sides. That is the minimum. You can offer as much as you want. A cheap price to pay. I am having them inserted into neighborhood newsletters. I am ordering 30,000 flyers. Approx 7,000 homes are being hit 3X and 10,000 homes hit once. That is the plan now.

Soupy, the 3 free mowings will be offered in the last 3 weeks of the season. There are restrictions that do apply. For anyone that calls for bi-weekly service, they will not qualify, but at least I have them on the phone.

PR Fect, lawn scalping is the process of cutting bemuda or zoysia down very low in the spring. It allows the ground to warm quicker thus causing the grass to green sooner. It generates a tremendous about of debris. I have some pictures on here if you want to do a search....it's a lot of grass and pays very, very well.

Team Gopher
01-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi walker-talker,

You really are doing a great job with all your marketing material. All of your designs are very impressive.

Steeley
01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Flyer loks awsome

TotalCareSolutions
01-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Walker Talker,

Can you PM me who is putting this mail out together for you and how much it is costing. I am shopping now.

mtdman
01-14-2005, 02:24 AM
What size will they be?

walker-talker
01-14-2005, 07:44 AM
What size will they be?
8.5" X 11"

Mowmoney00
01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Matt,

The fliers look great as usual. I took your advice in another post and emailed a designer that you recommended (Shawn). Is he the one that is doing this flier for u? Also is you don't mind me asking what do you charge for scalping? We have several properties that are either Bermuda or Zoysia. We do it for our customers but we don't advertise for it. The work sucks because like you said its ALOT of clippings that just fly around all over the place. Just wanted to get some price comparison.

walker-talker
01-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Shawn did my postcards last year. Carl from outpost did my flyer. For scalping, I average about $75 an hour. I usually just price a lawn and do it. I have been burned once or twice, but I honor the price that was arginally given and tell the customer the price will be adjusted next year.

Bushwhacked
01-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I like the flyer. I think having a good catch phrase does work, the big guys use them all the time " Like a good neighbor?" "Are you in good hands?" "Can you hear me now?" , just find another good one, short and sweet. 3 FREE mowings is definitely eye-catching and should generate plenty of calls wanting more info, which is the idea right? But when do they get the 3 free mowings? Is your price adjusted to compensate for the freebies? :p

TurfGuyTX
01-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Looks good. Best of luck to you.

beransfixitinc
01-15-2005, 12:02 AM
hmm.. I think if you are going to use "where quality and service is always in season"... isn't it "where quality and service ARE always in season" since you are talking about more than one?...I don't remember grammer very well I guess... the more i say it over to myself, the more neither one looks right...

walker-talker
01-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Upon the final revisions I left out the tag line all together. I didn't want to infringe on any copyrights. As far as adjusting my price...honestly, I hadn't planned on it. I was just going to chalk it up for the cost of doing business. I wonder if I could write that off on my business expenses??? Any opinions on that one? Included is a copy of my revised editions that I sent to the printer. Just received the proofs today and ok'd them.

I also uploaded them so that Mac the Lawn...or whatever didn't think I was "lame". Maybe he should think or ask questions before he starts talking out of the side of his neck!!

walker-talker
01-15-2005, 01:20 AM
And here is the back...basically just some text was changed on both.

beransfixitinc
01-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Hmm.. why is the phone number different in these last ones you posted from the first ones you posted? :D

Also.. might have changed the order on your offered services so that "Fall and Spring Cleanup" could have been all on one line...

walker-talker
01-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Hmm.. why is the phone number different in these last ones you posted from the first ones you posted? :D

Also.. might have changed the order on your offered services so that "Fall and Spring Cleanup" could have been all on one line...
I think he just put a ficticious phone number in there so that I would get a feel for what it looked like. I think he was kind of protecting me, but the way I see it, I have the phone on my truck and website (will be soon) so I could care less if it's posted on lawnsite. Yes, I agree about the Spring and Fall cleanup thing, but this designers works full time and was spending 3 or 4 days for each revision I wanted and I was in a hurry to get these to the printer. I didn't think it was a crucial part of the flyer. I also specifically suggested putting "weed control & fertilizer applications" on the same line...but he must of forgot. I am glad to just get them done. I started this project about 1.5 months ago and extended it much longer than what I did. I kept getting different artist submit an entry, including this one and just needed to wrap things up in a hurry.

iowa
01-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Looking good buddy, looking good!

I'm having Shawn make me a sweet azz business card right now also!

BTW Matt- Notice the name change lol :rolleyes: