PDA

View Full Version : Dreading taxes

Lowcountry Lawn Care
01-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Anyone else dreading tax season. I know I am.

Soupy
01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
My accountant makes it it effortless.. I do hate paying, but It's our duty and there is nothing we can do about that. So I really don't give it much thought or lose any sleep over it.

rodfather
01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Do estimated quarterlies druing the year...that way you won't have to pay so much all at once.

GrassBustersLawn
01-10-2005, 01:53 PM
OUt of ALL of the parts of this job (actual production - mowing, trimming, mulching, etc.; sales, employee supervision, customer contact, accounting/bookeeping etc.) handling the TAXES is the part I HATE THE MOST!

What a pain. I get all kinds of notices/correspondence as well as making Quarterly Deposits & Monthly Payments for TAXES. WHAT A FREAKING PAIN!

Do you get the point? I HATE DEALING WITH THE TAXES.

Mike

rodfather
01-10-2005, 02:07 PM
OUt of ALL of the parts of this job (actual production - mowing, trimming, mulching, etc.; sales, employee supervision, customer contact, accounting/bookeeping etc.) handling the TAXES is the part I HATE THE MOST!

What a pain. I get all kinds of notices/correspondence as well as making Quarterly Deposits & Monthly Payments for TAXES. WHAT A FREAKING PAIN!

Do you get the point? I HATE DEALING WITH THE TAXES.

Mike

LOL...don't hold back Mike, tell us how you REALLY feel :D

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
01-10-2005, 02:39 PM
My accountant takes care of it for me, but I still hate the chuck of $ that is taken. :realmad:

tiedeman
01-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Soupy and Rodfather basically explained it in a nutshell.

I don't have a problem with tax season. I already have all of my tax information filled out. My accountant makes it easy as well. Just waiting for my wifes W-2 for I can take it into my accountant and I will be done.

Fantasy Lawns
01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
I dropped my stuff off last Thursday n got most of it back today as far a state, local n W-2's that's done ..... should get the rest in day or two

Smithers
01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
i can't wait to do mine. should be getting some money back. now watch, when Uncle sam calls me asking for his money. Doh!!! lol

kalyeah
01-10-2005, 07:46 PM
For all you guys that took a loss when you first started and filed taxes. Did it help you get a big return? I'm claiming a loss this year.

tiedeman
01-10-2005, 09:16 PM
For all you guys that took a loss when you first started and filed taxes. Did it help you get a big return? I'm claiming a loss this year.

I never really got a big return my first year I had a lose. Sure it was nice not having to pay in, but I think my return was like only $300

snap12.5
01-10-2005, 11:16 PM
How much does it first cost to get set up with an accountant??? And how much is it to have an accountant year round to do taxes etc???

tiedeman
01-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I am lucky because my accountant never charges me for visits during the year. She gives me free advice. But she is kind of pricey to have annual taxes done. Approx $210. She went up from $180 last year. I think mostly because they moved into a new office.

I have been thinking though of starting to go to someone else. The other person that I am thinking of used to work for the agency that I go to now, but she took pregnancy leave, and she doesn't sound like she is coming back, wants to start her own business and she is licensed.

cleancutccl
01-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Take classes and do your own taxes. I took HR Block's course for $99.00. Work for them in the winter, do my own taxes through them for free, get all the updated tax info, get free advice from people that have done taxes for 20+ years, and have an insight into the way my business is run for tax advantages. It also helps my mom runs an accounting firm, too, for extra advice.

Smithers
01-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Take classes and do your own taxes. I took HR Block's course for $99.00. Work for them in the winter, do my own taxes through them for free, get all the updated tax info, get free advice from people that have done taxes for 20+ years, and have an insight into the way my business is run for tax advantages. It also helps my mom runs an accounting firm, too, for extra advice.
if you already know how do it them and have worked in the field, it's fine....but i would never start to learn them on my own.

My wife is a telephone support for a major software that accountants use to do ordinary people's taxes and she said, "Better leave it to a professional. They know what they are doing. If something happens, they will be to blame.". I agree. i will sleep better at night after spending $150-$200 a year - tax deductible.