PDA

View Full Version : Florida people

michindi
01-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Do you need a fertilizer licenses in florida to apply to customers lawns?

Brianj
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
yes you do. you can get around the law by using the homeowners spreader and he by the stuff.. the fine is up to 5000. i have a limited license that allows me to spray round up type products in bed and and sidewalks

ProMo
01-14-2005, 08:19 AM
you dont need a license to apply fertilizer unless it contains a pesticide.

bobbygedd
01-14-2005, 09:06 AM
yes you do. you can get around the law by using the homeowners spreader and he by the stuff.. the fine is up to 5000. i have a limited license that allows me to spray round up type products in bed and and sidewalks
i'd be careful about this "getting around the law" act. here it says flat out, "if you apply pesticides on a for hire basis". of course i looked for every loophole i could, but it didn't fly. using the customers equipment and product does not mean that you are not recieving some type of compensation for your efforts. i'll tell you exactly what my lawyer told me, " FORGET THE LOOPHOLES, you want to stay out of trouble? DON'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL!." HERE, APPLYING WITHOUT A LICENSE IS ONLY $800 FIRST OFFENSE, IF YOU FESS UP, but, if they have to investigate you, they charge you $3,000, per day, per application, starting from the day they begin the initial investigation. and i know the laws in fla are much more strict

greendave
01-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Promo is correct. You do NOT need a license to apply fertilizer only in Florida. If it contains anything else, such as a weed control of pest control, you can't.

michindi
01-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I knew you could not spray anything but was not sure about the fertilizer.

bobbygedd
01-14-2005, 10:23 AM
and i have to wonder, how can you fertilize, with no weed control? weeds like fertilizer too. won't the end result be big, strong, healthy weeds?

greendave
01-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Yes, you're right. At some point there has to be weed control involved. However, a healthy Floratam lawn will prevent most weed infestation, it will simply overrun the weeds. I have a local pest control company perform flea control on my own yard (keeps the puppy dawg happy and flea free), and at the same time he spot treats for broadleafs when needed. I have never had to put do anything more on my yard yet, and it's virtually weed free.