PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Rabbit Trailer

jtkplc
01-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I've heard about these trailers but not anything on here. Has anyone used them or seen them? What are your impressions and thoughts? Seems like a really good idea to me. Pretty high priced though.

i_plant_art
01-10-2005, 11:31 PM
i was just about to make the same post about them i was wondering the same thing. i saw them in a magazine last night and was curious to know who has seen or heard anything about them.?

www.lawnrabbit.com

richard coffman
01-11-2005, 12:31 AM
seems like a good idea, but not so sure about the bulkiness of the trailer. I'd worry about the trailer weighing more than my truck when all said and done. looks more for commecial scale usage and needing at least a f-350 turbo diesel to pull it. just my 2 cents.

Resspectfully,

Richard/owner :D :D :D

FrankenScagMachines
01-11-2005, 07:37 AM
anyone got a link? sounds interesting.

bblawncareprofessionals
01-11-2005, 08:07 AM
http://www.strobelindustries.com/lawnrabbit.htm#lawnrabbit_features

LB Landscaping
01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Looks cool, would work great for me since we use Walkers and bag most lawns. But like Richard said looks pretty bulky. Any specs or prices?

FrankenScagMachines
01-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Well really it will be some heavier than a regular trailer of same size, but not that much heavier. It has a seperate engine, hydraulics system, the loading hopper, chain floor unloader, and the sides of the main hopper, but that wouldn't weigh so much as to be unreasonable. Looks like they have a couple different variations of ramp and side height configurations. The part I don't understand is how the loading hopper will make the main hopper loaded evenly. What I mean is, it looks like it won't dump itself at the front of the main bin, only at the rear, which would not work for very long. Or, does it have a track or long arms to carry the clippings to the front?
Just yesterday evening a friend of mine in the next town over was telling me he saw a similar trailer in the next town up from him, the guy had a couple of Walkers on the front and the back had a hydraulic dump bed on it like a cross between a dump trailer and a landscape trailer. Said the guy had it custom built, and he had the high lifts installed on the Walker's to clear the sides. Must be a nice setup, I haven't seen it myself though.

pyrocare
01-11-2005, 10:52 AM
They said the price was about $13,000. The hydraulic chain in the main hopper is reversible so when the area under the hopper is full just move the pile with the chain.

FrankenScagMachines
01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
The hydraulic chain in the main hopper is reversible so when the area under the hopper is full just move the pile with the chain.
Brilliant! Cool I hadn't even thought of that. I think I could come up with a similar setup for much much less though, and less complicated at that (sounds like this one has a seperate engine and quite a bit of hydraulics).

ALarsh
01-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Eric, you should make something similar to that as a project. I'd love to see some pics. :drinkup:

Carolina Cutter
01-12-2005, 05:05 PM
I've heard about these trailers but not anything on here. Has anyone used them or seen them? What are your impressions and thoughts? Seems like a really good idea to me. Pretty high priced though.

That thing must weigh a lot when loaded........jeez. Nice tough

PaulJ
01-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Ther was a thread about this a while back.

I saw one of the prototypes for this trailer. Acouple lco's here used one for a week or so. ONe I know pulled it wiht an older f150. It has a pretty complex hydrolic system with it's own engine. Definetly a big rig. I think somthing about half the size would be more practical. It did seam well built and did what it was intended to do well. Would be good for any rear dump bagging mower.

Turf Dancer
01-17-2005, 02:51 AM
I think I would get a trailer from Debris Systems Plus before I would get one of these Lawn Rabbit trailers. They are set up nice and they are more compact then the Lawn Rabbit.