View Full Version : landscape edging

ruiztreelandscape
01-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Anyone out there install decorative concrete landscape edging.or heard about
it give me your opinion on it.

SR

J Hisch
01-12-2005, 01:20 AM
Yes it is popular especially down south. No some much here in the Midwest though. The only thing I can say is make sure you really know your market before you purcashe the equipment. A friend of mine is sitting on a machine now that was used 2 times.

pgiambat
01-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Ruiz,
By all means do it. I have had so many customers landscape and not border their beds (or just a little black plastic runner) and you get a lot of grass you can't trim or you'll cut down a tulip or hasta (good 'ol Nebreaska plants). I just about beg them to put someting in along the lines of stone, brick-tilted-on-edge. Concrete would be the bomb. I say do it.

pgiambat
01-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Ruiz,
I guess I should answer your question. No I have not. I just got excited. I LOVE trimming up against a good solid border, it looks great. You have my encouragement.

ruiztreelandscape
01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
:) Thanks for the encouragement I purchased the turnkey package and going to do a trade show in March .I hope it really takes off,I have a feeling it will.I have been showing this to everyone they love it.Well thanks for the feedback everyone.

Grassmechanic
01-20-2005, 05:37 PM
It's popular down south, but with cold temps. and frost heaving up here in the north, I don't see how it would last unless a proper base was installed under it.

mommacutz
01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
:) Thanks for the encouragement I purchased the turnkey package and going to do a trade show in March .I hope it really takes off,I have a feeling it will.I have been showing this to everyone they love it.Well thanks for the feedback everyone.
Concrete edging is hot here! I would go for it if I were you. Be the first to start the trend. We are looking to purchase a set up now. Good Luck.