PDA

View Full Version : spreader holder

James Cormier
01-11-2005, 12:51 PM
made by lesco, fits older high wheel spreaders ( letters instead of numbers )

James Cormier
01-11-2005, 12:52 PM
older spreader on it

James Cormier
01-11-2005, 12:53 PM
New spreader wont fit

James Cormier
01-11-2005, 12:54 PM
New spreader wont fit
James Cormier]New spreader wont fit

James Cormier
01-11-2005, 12:55 PM
More snow coming tonite

lawnboyCO
01-11-2005, 01:03 PM
we always just put the spreader in the bed of the truck and just bungee it down, that way if your chute accidently opens up you just spill in the bed instead of all over the street

James Cormier
01-11-2005, 01:30 PM
we always just put the spreader in the bed of the truck and just bungee it down, that way if your chute accidently opens up you just spill in the bed instead of all over the street

Thats why you turn the nob and put it all the way to A, then that dosnt happen, I always empty the spreader anyways.

lawnboyCO
01-11-2005, 01:50 PM
turning it to A works for the big granulars, but if your putting down something real fine like PCNB it still spills, I've never been good at gauging eactly how much product a lawn will need, I usually underestimate and then gotta go back to the truck to get the bag to finish the lawn and the I always put in way more than I need for the rest of the lawn, then its really tough to pour the product back in the bag when your by yourself, a bucket works well but your using multiple products this gets tricky too

Turf Smart
01-11-2005, 02:19 PM
There is a spreader holder for the new style spreader as well.
I got one for mine. It costs $55.00 It's considered "universal"
It looks like the same thing, just different dimensions.

Lawnboy If your spreader still leaks when on "A" then it needs to be adjusted. The holes where the fert flows through are not closed all the way. You should not see daylight through them.

GrazerZ
01-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Buy the holder from lesco that holds both like I did. or flip it upside down weld tabs for the wheels and new tab with holes in it for the rest. Thats all Lesco did to make one that holds both.

James Cormier
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Buy the holder from lesco that holds both like I did. or flip it upside down weld tabs for the wheels and new tab with holes in it for the rest. Thats all Lesco did to make one that holds both.

Thats what my welder is gonna do, just got to get it off to them. I just bought the new spreader this fall, finally retired my 1989 model

philk17088
01-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Yeah and buy the $2 clip that holds the lever locked for transport. It's a spring clip. I've used it for 3 years and haven't had the hopper open yet.

DiscoveryLawn
01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Aern't all of the new Lesco spreader mounts so called "Universal" (for LESCO spreaders) now?

Jim, I too still have an 89 "low wheel" model I bought it in 92 from the company I worked for from 89-92. I no longer use it and the prop is broken in half. I just can't seem to get myself to get rid of it.
Weird how I have found sentimental value in a spreader!! It's a lawn tech thing I guess.

David

Hamons
01-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I have mine mounted on the front of my truck in a front receiver hitch. Leaves the bed free -- tailgate opens and I can pull a trailer.

ArchiesLawns
01-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Jim, I was looking for the one that mounts on the front bumper. I like the one you have. But, I was looking for something I can mount to the front bumper to do the samething.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you you can put a receiver hitch on the front of a Ford E350 van? If so, can you post some pictures?

Hamons, I see where you have one, can you post some pics?

Thanks,

Archie

DiscoveryLawn
01-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Archieslawn,
I have a one on the front of my one ton chevy van. Sorry, no picture though.
Its the same mount that James has but with the other tabs on it to make it "universal".

David

James Cormier
01-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Jim, I was looking for the one that mounts on the front bumper. I like the one you have. But, I was looking for something I can mount to the front bumper to do the samething.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you you can put a receiver hitch on the front of a Ford E350 van? If so, can you post some pictures?

Hamons, I see where you have one, can you post some pics?

Thanks,

Archie

Arc, I think you will need to do some welding, You can buy a bolt on receiver hitch ( the kind that goes bolts to the rear bumper ) and have a welder mount it up under your front bumper, then just slide the carrier rack into that.
Or if you got a plow, have your welder make a bracket that will fit into the plows bracket, then you can remove it easier.

I carry a few 5 gallon buckets with me all the time, great incase of a spill, and very easy to lift spreader and dump into that so your not fooling around trying to empty into bags.

ArchiesLawns
01-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Thanks Jim, I am going to check that out tomorrow. I've got the idea in my head plus, looking at your pics makes it that much clearer.

Smart thinking on the 5 gallon buckets!! Great idea!

Thanks for your help!

Archie

TOTALLAWN OF KY
01-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Hey Jim,how do ya like that new spreader?? mine is an "89" as well I had a buddy weld 6 inch's on each handle to lengthen them and man o man what a difference!!!

James Cormier
01-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey Jim,how do ya like that new spreader?? mine is an "89" as well I had a buddy weld 6 inch's on each handle to lengthen them and man o man what a difference!!!

It took alot of me to buy that spreader, I also have a highwheel that I bought in 94 or 95, but I was still using the 89, the frame was cracked in to many places, so she's hanging up in the barn now.

I like the new one, but I use it so little that it dosnt really matter too much, I really like the enclosed gears, and longer handles, Hopefully it will last another 15years.

TOTALLAWN OF KY
01-12-2005, 09:26 AM
I see ,I am debating on the new one i still spread all my accounts i think its safe to say i need another one .I like the pics of your set up real nice looking truck and plow
i bought a plow and got it set up then my tranny took a crap,i got it fixed after our snow was gone .it was fun though
now its 65 here today

James Cormier
01-12-2005, 03:00 PM
I see ,I am debating on the new one i still spread all my accounts i think its safe to say i need another one .I like the pics of your set up real nice looking truck and plow
i bought a plow and got it set up then my tranny took a crap,i got it fixed after our snow was gone .it was fun though
now its 65 here today

That barn you see in the photo is my over flow storage, its accually a old mowing customers property and the barn is set back about a 1/2 mile from the road.

We use to mow there lawn at N/C and I got to store all the trailers and mowers during the winter months, now we plow the drive for them and fert the lawn and I keep all the machines, trailers and plow there during the winter months.

My shop back at the office is so small, I just take one item at a time to do the winter rebuild there, then return back to the barn to get the next. Its a nice deal for me and they love it too.

TOTALLAWN OF KY
01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
That barn you see in the photo is my over flow storage, its accually a old mowing customers property and the barn is set back about a 1/2 mile from the road.

We use to mow there lawn at N/C and I got to store all the trailers and mowers during the winter months, now we plow the drive for them and fert the lawn and I keep all the machines, trailers and plow there during the winter months.

My shop back at the office is so small, I just take one item at a time to do the winter rebuild there, then return back to the barn to get the next. Its a nice deal for me and they love it too.

I Traded tree n shrub care for 2 10 x 30 storage units untill there customers complained about my WARNING PESTICIDE STORAGE AREA Signs
now i have a 2 1/2 car garage with a small office on one side works out well

Tony Clifton
01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
ARCHIE,
Check with a truck accessories store in yoru area, they make front hitches for several different vehicles. I had one put on a 04 GMC Crew Cab this fall, no cutting or welding needed.