01-27-2001, 03:36 PM
Was talking to a dealeer today .He said
they have 21.000 blade speed. Anybody
know much about these.Mower looked pretty
good 7 gauge deck kohler motors etc.
Front and midmount

Bryan McMullen
01-27-2001, 06:32 PM
awm,I have a 97 720K 20hp kohler and a 52 deck.I have had no trouble with it.It does a great job mowing and is prettey comfortable to use on big jobs.

Randy Scott
01-27-2001, 06:54 PM
I thought 19000 blade tip speed was the fastest a blade could be.

Greenman2ooo
01-27-2001, 08:37 PM
Obviously, a good percentage of people who sell equipment don't take the time to learn about their product.

Randy-
Congratulations, you know more than the average guy trying to sell an $8000 machine. You are correct that 19,000 fpm is the maximum allowable blade tip speed by law. What a joke some of these "salesmen" make themselves out to be.

My Toro dealer was trying to tell me that 18,500 was max allowed by law. Are they lying??? Sad truth is, they probably believe the ignorant statements they sometimes make. It shows me that money in their pocket, rather than product knowledge or customer satisfaction, is more important to them!

Moral of the story; Don't trust a lazy man's word. Anybody that doesn't know what they are selling (and have been for years) is worthless to my company. I can't do business that way. I need to know absolute truths rather than half-truths.

Many times when I go to that same dealer for a part, it has to be ordered. Of course, they tell me they carry all the major Toro parts and can have me up and running the same day. Yeah, right! The same company had my 20" mower for two weeks to replace a key on the mowers crankshaft. Didn't have the part. The salesman kept saying, "I can't believe they don't have that part in stock." There is good service for you! An "Atta boy" or "Go get 'em tiger" might have been more appropriate for moral support. :)

Don't let the pirates intimidate you with threats of "lesser" service because you bought your mower elsewhere. Dealers with that attitude are not making enough money...and it is obvious why! Unfortunately, in my service area, "dealer support" is an oxymoron.

awm
01-27-2001, 09:04 PM
21000 really got my attn. Enough so that i
will find out the particulars.Ive known
dealer since he was young kid and did buisiness
with his dad.I told him about lawnsite so
Medlin if your there nows the time to strut it.
Everyone would be interested which turns into sales
as these are the pros

mowerman90
01-27-2001, 10:41 PM
I'v had 2 grasshoppers. The first a 20HP Kohler w/52" mulching deck. The 2nd, a 25HP Kubota Water cooled with the same deck. The Kubota has the G2 tranmission system which is much faster and pretty much bomb proof. Had problems with the Kohler, none so far (900hrs) with the Kubota. I'd reccomend the Kubota with the G2 trans. Fast and comfortable.

bob
01-27-2001, 11:03 PM
I also would recommened the G2 transmission and the Kubota gas or diesel engines. ( I've got 2) As for blade tip speed on a Grasshopper , I've never ask about this. Maybe I'll call the factory.