PDA

View Full Version : What's the best hand soap you've found?

walker-talker
01-12-2005, 04:38 AM
yes.....I am a little bored, but would like to hear some input. I work in a factory that has expieremented around with different hand soap. What I like the most was Naturally Orange with Pumice made by Gogo. It cost about $45 for (4) one gallon bottles with pumps. A non-greasy feeling and rinses extrememly easy. If you never tried it, I would suggest on trying a gallon....I think you will like it.

Lawnchoice
01-12-2005, 04:59 AM
GoJo is the way to go when it comes to a hand cleaner. My local wholesale club carries the same large bottle for about 40.00.

Lasts quite a long time. Just have to remember to keep the sink clean afterwards or my wife will come with the yellies. :angry:

gogetter
01-12-2005, 09:01 AM
For in the house I use the Gojo with pumice too.
But for at the shop or in the garage where there's no water source, I use Goop (I think that's what it's called). Doesn't need water, and really dissolves stuff right off.

Metro Lawn
01-12-2005, 09:20 AM
We use the original GoJo. Doesn't need water so it can be used anywhere. Works great on anything we get into. Sometimes we get Fast Orange if it's on sale for the shop.

geogunn
01-12-2005, 09:21 AM
M-30 beats go-jo. it is milder, cleans better and smells better.

GEO :)

twins_lawn_care
01-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Like Gojo as well, but have also used "Cherry Bomb" cleaner, I think it is made by a company called Zep? not sure on that though. Also Zep has a blue hand cleaner, not sure the name, but works great if you don't want to smell like a cherry! Both have the little pumice to help grind out the dirt

walker-talker
01-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Here's the stuff I am talking about.
http://www.keysan.com/ksuha23.htm

DiamondintheRough
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
i use a powdered soap called Boraxo. You have to use water but it works great. I have tried fast orange and it doesnt even come close.

nriddle77
01-12-2005, 05:05 PM
I used to work in a printing factory so my hands would get covered in thick tar-like ink. The easiest way to get the stains out was with powered laundry soap and a fingernail brush. It works great.

out4now
01-12-2005, 05:36 PM
GOjo w/pumice or NAPA without pumice.

kickin sum grass
01-12-2005, 05:40 PM
i worked at a ford equipment dealer many many moons ago. Ford had their own brand and it was the best I have ever seen since. that dealer is gone now so I can't get it anymore. Next best seems to be napa.

PLI1
01-12-2005, 07:06 PM
I use Palmolive dish soap on my hands. Maybe you all will think I am nuts, but it works for me. It is real good for getting greasy oily hands clean as well. And the best part, its cheap!

the scaper
01-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I use Palmolive dish soap on my hands. Maybe you all will think I am nuts, but it works for me. It is real good for getting greasy oily hands clean as well. And the best part, its cheap!
And it keeps your hands soft and young looking too. :D

jpmako
01-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I am probably going to get laughed at but I use John Deere Pumice Soap.
Have been using it for years. It seems to work better than GOJO.

Jason

mtdman
01-13-2005, 12:53 AM
I keep a bottle of fast orange without the pumice with me all the time for handwashing. I dig that stuff.

:D

TURF DOCTOR
01-13-2005, 12:59 AM
i never thought about cleaning the grease off we have no running water at my house we sometimes rub down with rubbing alcohol

TurfGuyTX
01-13-2005, 01:23 AM
I use Gojo w/ pumice when it's needed. I mostly wear glove througout the day and that keeps my hands in nice shape.

K c m
01-13-2005, 01:39 AM
If you find it. i forget what its called it comes in like a bottle that you press much like a public bathroom. The soap is made of orange peels. Works great for grease and oil hope this helps.

leadarrows
01-13-2005, 01:50 AM
For grease I like the plan old white jell from John Deer. Don't rinse it with water just wipe it off with a towel. Two times over like that gets even the worst grease off for me. The trick is two rub some all over your hands and up your arms as high as you will be getting dirty before you start working. It forms a barrier and keeps the grease from soaking into your skin as much.
I also like the kind with pumice from JD. I have tried all of the kinds mentioned here and they all work but I always seem to grab a can of that white jell at JD when ever I'm there. :)

Oh and as far as dish soap goes Dawn is the best and Prell shampoo for getting it out of your hair.

mowin at the lake
01-13-2005, 03:04 AM
we use www.prosoap.com (http://)

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
I like goop much better then gojo. It is less greasy and works much better.

jpmako
01-13-2005, 09:28 AM
For grease I like the plan old white jell from John Deer. Don't rinse it with water just wipe it off with a towel. Two times over like that gets even the worst grease off for me. The trick is two rub some all over your hands and up your arms as high as you will be getting dirty before you start working. It forms a barrier and keeps the grease from soaking into your skin as much.
I also like the kind with pumice from JD. I have tried all of the kinds mentioned here and they all work but I always seem to grab a can of that white jell at JD when ever I'm there. :)

Oh and as far as dish soap goes Dawn is the best and Prell shampoo for getting it out of your hair.

Good to see I am not the only one using J.D. Soap. :)

walker-talker
01-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Hell, I would never had thought that JD would have made soap. Then again, they have their hands in a lot of things. Actually seen a JD cordless impact driver the other day at my local dealership.

jpmako
01-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Matt,

They have been making the soap for ever. I remember my father getting it when I was but a young pup... Try it, it works really well.

ozzys cuts
01-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Lava soap works great it comes in a bar but it's alittle rough on the skin kinda like washing with sandpaper but it works and its cheap

Bray
01-18-2005, 03:43 AM
I use Dawn dishwashing soap. I tried alot of different stuff out there and I always go back to dawn.

plateau lawn care
01-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Go jo orange the best

crs
01-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Kresto EF - It has to be used with water. It does an excelent job and leaves my hands in decent shape. The company offers specialty hand cleaners for different industries as well as skin protection products. The only thing I have tried is the hand cleaner. I think the web adress is stocko.com. Thier parent company is named Stockhausen.

geogunn
01-19-2005, 05:25 PM
M-30 beats go-jo. it is milder, cleans better and smells better.

you tell 'em GEO!

here is a link to M-30. http://www.m30.com/

I called the company and the hand cleaner and the stain cleaner are EXACTLY the same product and it's sold in DOLLAR GENERAL STORES FOR $1.

Atlantic Lawn
03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Goop and Lava bar soap are in the truck.

44DCNF
03-27-2008, 03:22 AM
ARCO Solopol

J&R Landscaping
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
I usually use gojo fast orange soap. If my hands are really covered from mulch dye or anything like that, I'll mix in some dawn or palmolive dish soap.

IA_James
03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Grease fighting Dawn dish soap w/ a little sugar sprinkled on my hands. Works as good or better than anything else, plus you don't get all the pumice in your sink traps and such. The sugar dissolves in the water, and that grease fighting Dawn is the real deal.

SproulsLawnCare
04-04-2008, 03:52 AM
GO JO makes a green colored hand cleaner too. I used to mix the green with a little of the regular Go Jo and it worked even better.

mngrassguy
04-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Ivory dish soap. Cheap and works great on garage floors, drives, ect

grasscrabber
04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I use Joe's All Purpose Hand Cleaner. It is made here in Oklahoma City. You can use it with water or without and it contains Lanolin. The All Purpose Hand Cleaner has a fruitlike smell to it (kinda like Juicy Fruit). They also have a Blue Citrus and a Scrubber (Polyethylene beads not pumice) hand cleaner. I've found it locally at O'Reilly Auto Parts. If you can't find it where you live, I believe O'Reilly's can order it for you or you can go online and find a reseller. Here's the website.

http://www.joeshandcleaner.com/

PHS
04-10-2008, 08:02 AM
i use a powdered soap called Boraxo. You have to use water but it works great.

My dad has always been a Boraxo guy too. I use it after I have been working on equipment and my hands are greasy but in the field I have some kinda waterless cleaner that works good but my hands smell funky afterwards.

44DCNF
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
If any of you guys have Fluid Film, rub some into your hands before a dirty job and you will be able to clean up much easier. It'll fill the cracks in your skin and get under your nails to keep the grime from sticking bad.

I found a source for Solopol (mentioned above) and it appears to not be branded ARCO anymore. It says it is made by Stockhausen. Solopol works great with no petroleum solvents and using a walnut shell grind for the scrub. Try it, you'll like it.

Grass Happens
04-20-2008, 02:54 AM
I also like Zeps cherry bomb, however, you have to get it from a zep salesman, so that kinda blows. I like the cherry smell.

Daner
04-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I keep spray bottles filled with Fantastic In the shop and In the truck....I have also used Tide..even on my face