PDA

View Full Version : Who has affordable insurance?

Lawncrafter
01-12-2005, 05:11 AM
I am a landscaper in the Atlanta Ga. Can anyone tell me who offers affordable insurance. I would appreciate any helpful info as to what coverage to get and what not to get.....thanks

Soupy
01-12-2005, 06:39 AM
I don't think my insurance carrier (Erie insurance group) is in your area. But I would say you should get at least 1 million in liability coverage, (it's not much more then a lessor policy) and depending on your equipment you will want to cover that. I have my mowers covered for their value, and I have a contractors policy that covers all miscellaneous tools. This includes trimmers, blowers etc. And also anything I carry in my tool box etc. This policy has a limit of $5,000 which means i'm covered up to $5,000 per theft. I never carry more then $5,000 in miscellaneous tools. I figure if my garage got hit, I could claim half my tools like wrenches etc. on my homes insurance.

Hope some of that helps..

Richard Martin
01-12-2005, 06:53 AM
I have State Farm for my business liability and equipment coverage. 3 mill liability and 20 grand replacement policy. $814 a year.

J&R
01-12-2005, 07:10 AM
I pay 657.00 year for 1 mil and 15,000 theft. PM me for more info.

YardPro
01-12-2005, 07:36 AM
statefarm here.
i ise them for EVERYTHING, home auto business, etc. they give us a good much better rate.

RICHIE K
01-12-2005, 07:48 AM
$513.00 PER YEAR UTICA FIRST INSURANCE CO. $2,000,000.00 GENERAL POLICY. from allstate

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

twins_lawn_care
01-12-2005, 08:31 AM
american family incurance gave us a good deal on 1 mil - about $385 per year

impactlandscaping
01-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow.."affordable" and "insurance " don't go well together in WV..I'm at almost 2K per year for 2M liability ins. only. I'm guessing some of the cheaper rates are solo ops, and don't apply chems...

lqmustang
01-12-2005, 01:54 PM
If there is gonna be a good comparison, you need to find out what all is covered with all these different rates. A solo mow only operation will have the lowest rates, most likely around $300 or so for 1m liability. Add landscaping and the rate goes up some, add plowing it goes up more, add equipment coverage and that adds more again. I just got a quote yesterday from Erie. Total premium of about $780/yr. This is for a solo operation and includes general liability on maintenance, fert, landscaping, and plowing. Also includes $7k coverage for equipment.

Another thing to look for is is flexibility in the carrier to be able to add for more classes if you think you will grow beyond your current operation. The reason I am getting quotes now is due to the fact my current carrier will not underwrite fert and pesticides, which I am adding to the business this year.

Happy hunting :D

AEW
01-12-2005, 02:00 PM
If you can check with Erie Insurance Group..I have found them to have the best rates so far...but the more you do then the more it will be. But it is worth having for sure.