PDA

View Full Version : Pesticide Safety

dantelawn
01-12-2005, 08:53 PM
What kind of personal protection equipment do you require your applicators to wear? Glasses, gloves, boots? Do you supply it or require applicators to have?

airtractrdrivr
01-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Check your OSHA regs. Your employer is required to furnish you with all the PPE that your job requires, no exceptions.

lawnboyCO
01-12-2005, 09:31 PM
check the label on the pesticide product, they all list what PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required for that particular product

James Cormier
01-13-2005, 12:14 AM
check the label on the pesticide product, they all list what PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required for that particular product

Just keep in mind most of the time the label refers to the concentrate material, not the tank mixed material. Big difference in handling 16oz of confront then 16oz of confront mixed in 100 gallons of water.

Common sense should take over here, but I like to always wear my rubber boots & gloves and long pants. I carry water and I wash my hands after everylawn I do.

During hot summer months when I just applying fert, I do wear shorts. But I always carry a extra change of clothes with me in the truck just in case I spill or I need to spray

lawnboyCO
01-13-2005, 12:31 AM
I even wear a long sleeved shirt when applicating and don't roll the sleeves up, along with rubber boots, gloves, regular pants, and protective eyewear (sunglasses)