PDA

View Full Version : News about " Ric "

James Cormier
01-13-2005, 12:06 AM
Not sure if you all have read this on the other side of this forum, but it seems to be that Ric, has suffered a heart attack and is not doing very well.

My prayers go out to him and his family in hopes that he pulls thru and returns to be the cranky old goat that he is on this forum.

Neal Wolbert
01-13-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm cranky sometimes too so I know how to pray for Ric...will do. Keep us posted. Neal

Grassmechanic
01-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Yes James, please keep us posted. He'll be in our prayers as well.

Ric
01-13-2005, 10:12 AM
News of my pending death have been grossly exaggerated. Please note, I am Alive and kicking. I had a mild Tachycardia which I have had on a regular bases. A few days rest and I am back to normal. Tachycardia is when the heart beats 4 to 5 times faster than my normal 60 beats per minute.

Gilla Gorilla
01-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Well its good to hear ( Or read ) that you are doing fine again

Glad to see ya back so soon.

jaybird
01-13-2005, 10:22 AM
ric, very good glad you are doing ok.

timturf
01-13-2005, 10:37 AM
RIC,

Enjoy the rest, but please take care of your self

tim

RedWingsDet
01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Glad your okay. Stay healthy!!!!

jim dailey
01-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey Man; Glad that you are back. Take care of yourself. For a minute...I thought I was left alone with the Jerky Boy, aka Booby Buttocks !!!

Green Dreams
01-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Glad to see you are okay!

Turf Medic
01-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Good to hear Ric....now be honest was it the visit from bobby that got you down :D

sniggly
01-13-2005, 10:13 PM
RIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCC,,,, you grumpy ol weiner!......your too stubborn to let a tachometer malfunction get the best of you....... :angel:

Get better or I'll have the local college do a Soil 101 recall and your on the list!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Neal Wolbert
01-14-2005, 04:11 AM
So Ric...Does a scare like that make you appreciate "normal" again? Does it make you set priorities better? Do you plan for the future differently? Never had to face anything like that personally...yet. Just curious, Neal

Greg Amann
01-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Glad to here you are alright Ric. My dad has the same thing go on with him at least once a week. When it happens he is worn out the rest of the day.

Ric
01-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Glad to here you are alright Ric. My dad has the same thing go on with him at least once a week. When it happens he is worn out the rest of the day.

Greg

Although I can find no information on this being an Inherited Condition, People I talk to, tell me family members have it also. In Dec of 1999 I had my first one the same day that G. Bush Sr had one also. He was visiting Florida at the time and was only 50 miles south of me at the time.

I was unable to Spell the full name of this condition until someone e-mailed me the following.

(paroxysmal atrial tachycardia) which in itself is benign unless it continues for long periods of which can lead to congestive heart failure (chf) and then (MI) myocardial infarction. In most cases a calcium blocker will do the job in preventing the problem such as (verapamil).

http://www.medicinenet.com/paroxysmal_

I thank all those member who showed their concern for my health. BTW it was reposted on many internet sites. I have found reading my own obituary very interesting. As long as people were thinking I was close to death, Everyone had kind words. However once I posted that I would survive, some of the words were not so kind. But that is Life and I would not of expected any difference.

I am afraid this whole thing was blown out of proportion. How it happen I am not for sure of. If I am guilty of anything, then it would be not posting I was not dying sooner. I saw BooBy's post the night before I replied and was just not up to posting at the time. I have not been feeling good for about a week or so.

Braxton
01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Ric,

It's good to know that you're well. I haven't called you back about the backyard nursery thing as I don't have any more questions, but niether have I forgotten your extreme kindness toward me, not only in the above the call of duty way in which you helped me, but also in turning me onto Lawnsite. Hope you continue to feel well.

Braxton

heritage
01-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Ric,
Glad you are feeling better. With you wealth of knowledge and resourcefulness, you will manage this condition well. Take Care of yourself.

Pete D.