PDA

View Full Version : What is the best software to get

seric
01-13-2005, 02:15 AM
I need help in finding out which software is better wintac,gopher,or grounds keeper pro.

Soupy
01-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I need help in finding out which software is better wintac,gopher,or grounds keeper pro.

I use Gopher and like it. What are you using for accounting software? Gopher is pretty compatible with QuickBooks. It has a link to export to QuickBooks.

NEPSJay
01-13-2005, 01:33 PM
I like CLIP. works well with quickbooks. just my .02

Soupy
01-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I like CLIP. works well with quickbooks. just my .02
Do you have to modify any information after you export it to QB? Like mark invoices paid or anything like that? Is the file a IIF file?

marko
01-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Im am just starting this year and am leaning towards QB. Do I need gopher as well? Does QB have any functions to help with keeping track of customers, routes etc? Thanks!

Soupy
01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Im am just starting this year and am leaning towards QB. Do I need gopher as well? Does QB have any functions to help with keeping track of customers, routes etc? Thanks!

QB has a customer manager program you can add to it and it doesn't cost much money.

QB is your best option for accounting. It will do invoicing, statements etc. Gopher is more for scheduling. I don't think a company that just cuts grass needs the scheduling unless they have a few hundred customers and they are not all weekly cuts. Scheduling is good for fert applications and scheduling other jobs that are not routine like hedge trimming, mulch jobs etc. But if you are small and only do a handful of these then you can mange without the scheduler.

I bought Gopher strictly for the lawnmail feature. I wanted to allow customers to log into my website to view their account. If you do not need this feature then QB along with their more compatible customer manager would be my recommendation. Sorry Gopher , but until Gopher can make their program 100% compatible then it isn't worth it unless you want to have login access like me. Which I think QB will offer login capabilities one day (if not already and I just don't know about it).