PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a DC TURB N SUBURBAN?

Bryan McMullen
01-27-2001, 11:06 PM
With the two engines can you brush hog with it? If so about how tall and thick of brush are we talking.How well do they cut lawns.

THANKS BRYAN

bob
01-28-2001, 10:29 PM
You mean a S'BURB'N TURB'N. I think there's a least 2 of them on the forum. They probably didn't see your thread.

Eric ELM
01-28-2001, 10:53 PM
How did I miss this one. :)
Yes they will do fine in tall stuff. I saw a video of one cutting an overgrown area and it was moving right along and shooting clippings like crazy. A 25 HP Kohler will handle a 72" deck in normal situations, so you can emagine what 40 HP will do.

I talk to a member from Ky. in my DC Chat Room on my website that has one and he sure likes his. If you would like to chat about this with him, stop by my Chat Room. Lynn from the St. Louis area has one also. My dealer uses several of them in his lawn service and all the owners I have talked to, say it isn't a scalper and like them a lot. I know another one here that sold his bisiness, but he had one.

There must be more owners out there, but that is the ones I know of at this time.

gorrell
01-29-2001, 09:46 AM
Bryan, I've got a s'burb'n turb'n that I purchased late last summer. While it will mow down some serious tall grass, it's not meant to be a brush hog. We mow a property for a client that only wants it maintained twice monthly and the vegetation there can be something else. The turb'n goes thru that stuff like Grant thru Richmond. Conversely, it does as good a finish cut as any other 72" machine I've encountered. Any more questions feel free to email me. thanks, Lynn