PDA

View Full Version : Doorhanger help!

coif_kid
01-13-2005, 04:07 PM
To those who have created door hangers, did your images have to be 300 dpi? A lot of the images out there aren't at that extremely high level of quality including the images I have seen in some of the member's door hanger examples.

Hamons
01-13-2005, 05:59 PM
You will not be able to steal images off the web to use for a high quality doorhanger. They have to be high resolution photos - most websites are not.

Most designers will either have stock photos or you can take high res pics on your own.

Team Gopher
01-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi coif_kid,

The free ones on our site are 150dpi (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942). Send me a PM if you could use any of them in 300dpi and I will see if I can get them in that setting.

coif_kid
01-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Does it really matter as much as they say if your images are 150 dpi or so?

Hamons
01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Depwnds on the type of image-- photographs for certain need to be high res.

ALthough I don't understandeverything that goes on withthe process -- thats why I hire professionals, I know there is also something about doing the offset printing that makes lowewr resolution look even worse when printed.

marko
01-16-2005, 08:23 PM
I am also investigating door hangers. It appears that most places want 300 dpi.

iowa
01-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Depwnds on the type of image-- photographs for certain need to be high res.

ALthough I don't understandeverything that goes on withthe process -- thats why I hire professionals, I know there is also something about doing the offset printing that makes lowewr resolution look even worse when printed.

I agree with him, pro is the way to go! I just had the same designer he hires to design and print my cards. He has also done quite a bit of work for me in the past too..