PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Power Show

Ground Pounder
01-27-2001, 11:24 PM
Well...I went to the Power Show today. I have never seen so many people jammed into a building. You'd swear it was the state fair. I saw a lot of cool gadgets and learned quite a bit. I saw the highly acclaimed Dixie Chopper...all I got to say on that is get out your BIG wallet.

I saw my good friend, Jim, from Exmark. You guys that have been around the block a few times are a wealth of knowledge and are well appreciated.

I make my presentation to the bank on Monday. I can't wait till Spring!

Thanks again!

http://www.libertylawncare.com

Mowman
01-28-2001, 09:39 AM
HEY I WAS THERE ON SATURDAY ALSO. WE SPENT ABOUT AN HOUR WITH BEN CLARKE IN THE DIXIE BOOTH. THAT YOUNG MAN WAS ALL ABOUT THE DIXIE CHOPPER. HE ALSO GAVE OUR MAN ERIC ELM ALOT OF PRAISE FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THE DIXIE SALES IN THE LAST YEAR. I TOLD HIM I RUN A WALKER 54" SD AND HIS REPLY TO ME WAS THAT THE WALKER IS A VERY GOOD MOWER. HE HAD NOTHING NEGITIVE TO SAY ABOUT THE WALKER. HE TOLD ME THAT THERE ARE THINGS MY WALKER COULD DO THAT HIS DIXIE COULD NOT. HE ALSO SAID THERE ARE THINGS HIS DIXIE COULD DO THAT MY WALKER COULDN'T. HE TOLD ME FOR THE TYPE OF LAWNS I CUT NOW THAT THE WALKER IS THE RIGHT CHOICE. HE SET ME UP WITH A DEALER THAT IS ABOUT 50 MILES FROM MY HOME. I THINK I'M GOING TO DEMO ONE IN THE SPRING. THAT WAY IN CASE OF BIGGER JOBS I KNOW WHAT THE DIXIE CAN DO FOR MY BUSINESS. AS FAR AS PRICE GOES THE DIXIE IS CHEAPER THAN THE WALKER. PRICE FOR THE DIXIE $7813.00 THAT WAS FOR A 50" DECK AND 23 HP KOLHER. PRICE FOR A WALKER WITH A 54" DECK AND 25 HP KOLHER IN $8196.00. IT'S LIKE BEN TOLD ME, EACH MOWER HAS THEIR PLACE AND THEY EACH SHINE AT WHAT THEY CAN DO BEST. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH HIM. UNLIKE THE TORO PEOPLE THAT CUT THE **** OUT OF MY WALKER, NOTHING COULD RUN WITH THIER TORO'S. YEAH, WHATEVER!!!!!!!!! ONE THING I DID LIKE ON THE CHOPPER WAS THE COVER THAT WENT OVER THE DISCHARGE CHUTE. I'M GOING TO TRY AND MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR MY WALKER. OVERALL I THINK THAT THE CHOPPER IS A VERY SIMPLE DESIGN AND MIGHT BE IN MY LINE-UP SOMEDAY IF I GET THE "RIGHT" JOBS TO PUT IT TO GOOD USE. GOOD LUCK, Mowman

PIONEER
01-28-2001, 09:24 PM
I was at the show today also and I did like the chopper to also liked the farris and the gravely. THE cover that went over the discharge chute is a good idea. I would like one for my walker to. Also saw the double blades on the walker, will have to see if I can get them from Emmitt.
This was a good show but the one in louisville kentucky is 100 times better.