PDA

View Full Version : "...I will NOT be paying your lawn bill"

TotalCareSolutions
01-14-2005, 12:57 AM
I had to start this thread in here to give props to "Direct Debt Collections". It being an online debt collection service that was recommended to me by: 'the scaper', here on lawnsite. After reading many of his responses over the past year I notice 'the scaper' rarely seems to have much beyond agreeable little comments and silly remarks that don't mean much, rarely anything new, never provocative, but he came through this time, Thank you sir.

Without getting into the whole story about this crazy PITA, over the summer I received a phone message from a customer that was yelling the whole message about a broken gate and her dogs got out...blah,blah,blah. After letters and bills, she finally responded that whether we broke the gate or not, simply because of my disregard for how distraught she was about her dogs, she was willing to go to court, but she would not be paying the lawn bill. She was going to use the money to get her gate repaired.

Sent the Debt Collection notice and got the payment. All easily online for $6.

the scaper
01-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Yer welcome, Lol! payup

Stephen M.
01-14-2005, 01:40 AM
I had to start this thread in here to give props to "Direct Debt Collections". It being an online debt collection service that was recommended to me by: 'the scaper', here on lawnsite...

Without getting into the whole story about this crazy PITA... simply because of my disregard for how distraught she was about her dogs, she was willing to go to court, but she would not be paying the lawn bill. She was going to use the money to get her gate repaired...

That reminds me of a PITA woman that took her time paying me because my employees cut the flowers off her prized poppy growing in a weedy area of the lawn that she requested to be trimmed; but they left a 6' tall canadian thistle in the corner of the yard they wouldn't have ever been in! She thought that they should have cut that thistle down instead.

She was complaining about it at length and was upset that I didn't "do something" about it. Yea right, like a free lawn cut? I didn't think so. So when she finally pays for the 1st and 2nd cut, the only ones I needed to do, she complained all over again on paper that I didn't "do anything" about it.

Some people! She's on my "do not work for" sh*t list. What an idiot. :dizzy:

KCLandscape
01-14-2005, 01:43 AM
What is the link, I got a copuple of that kind....
And remember...

mtdman
01-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Post the linkie please.

:D

the scaper
01-14-2005, 02:28 AM
I got it from someone else on here but never had to use it, glad it works though. http://www.olddepts.com/

the scaper
01-14-2005, 02:46 AM
oops! That was wrong, try this http://www.olddebts.com/

TurfGuyTX
01-14-2005, 10:02 AM
It's a good company if you don't want to do your own collections. It's more effective sometimes.

Stephen M.
01-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Thank you for the link. I registered last night and put one of 2 deadbeats on it for my trial run. The gal owes me $226.40 and has ignored my billings and phone calls. I guess she figured it was such a small amount that she can get away with not paying me. However, the last laugh is mine since it will now appear on her personal and business credit rating.

I'll let you all know how this eventually turns out. Thanks again for the link. :cool2: :blob3: